1. Compare Auto Insurance Companies and Coverage. This is a great way to save money on auto insurance. Compare the benefits and pricing of each policy, as well as the types of coverage. Insurance policies come in a variety of prices, so it is important to shop around for the best deal. You can make sure you are a safe driver by comparing car insurance quotes. Hint: Cheaper car insurance does not always mean the best. Before you agree to any policy, make sure to thoroughly research the company and its past.
2. Choose a higher deductible
A higher deductible will result in lower premiums from most car insurance agencies. A deductible is an amount that you agree to pay before filing an insurance claim. It could be $250 or $500 or even $750. Your premium could be up to 15% to 30% lower if you choose to accept the higher deductible.
3. Cancel Collision Coverage on Older Vehicles
Insurance can be more expensive if you have an older car. As long as the vehicle is not in default of a loan, you aren’t required to maintain collision coverage.
4. Avoid buying sports cars
Buy a low-profile car, not a sports car, if you are looking for a used or new vehicle. Auto insurance can be quite expensive for sports cars, and they can also be very costly to repair. Theft is a common threat to sports cars. To be safe, get an estimate of insurance costs before you make a purchase.
5. Low Mileage Premium Discounts
Your insurance company might offer a low mileage premium discount if you drive less than a certain amount of miles each year. You might be eligible to receive a lower premium if you drive less than 8,000 miles per year. Ask your company about this option to determine if you are eligible. Consider carpooling to work, if you aren’t able to meet the low-mileage requirements.
6. Additional Auto Insurance Discounts
If you are a safe driver with a clean driving record, if you have completed a driving course or if your family is non-smokers, then discounts may be available. If you have both your vehicle and home insured with the same company, some companies offer discounts. If your vehicle has certain safety features, such as airbags or automatic seat belts you may be eligible for discounts. Consider sharing a car with your teenager if they are starting to drive. Let the agency know if your teenager is on the honor roll or has completed a defensive driving course.
7. Avoid Extra Expenses
If you have insurance coverage, avoid extra costs such as car rental, towing and medical coverage. To see the details of a factory warranty, make sure you read it before buying a car. These items can be dropped from your car insurance policy to reduce your premium.
8. Get Auto Insurance that is Affordable
A good driving record is the best way to save money on auto insurance. Avoid speeding and traffic violations. These could cause your insurance premiums increase significantly. Keep your credit rating high. In order to determine auto insurance rates, many insurers consider a person’s credit rating. Don’t forget to pay your premium bills promptly. If you are late with a payment, your policy could be reinstated at the old higher price. This applies even if you have been with the same company for a while. Combining these tips can result in great insurance savings. Online comparison shopping is a great way to get instant auto insurance quotes. It takes very little research to find the cheapest car insurance.