Auto Insurance Quote – Florida : The Scene
Florida, also known as the “Sunshine State”, has many interesting car insurance rules. Florida drivers want affordable car insurance that’s both good and affordable. There are so many options that choosing the right one can prove difficult. Get some information on the motoring industry before you purchase car insurance.
Florida’s current population is approximately 20 million. Each year adds about 10%. This has caused road congestion, an increase in accidents and auto thefts. Auto insurance is the only option and rates have risen like never before. You don’t have to worry about getting coverage for your car at a low rate if you do the right things and look in the right places.
Auto Insurance Quote -Florida : State Requirements
Florida’s no-fault law makes it mandatory that motorists have insurance for their cars. No-fault insurance is intended to reduce insurance costs and eliminate much of the complex legal process. The law requires motorists to insure themselves for their own protection. However, they can’t sue another driver in an accident. No matter who was at fault, motorists can claim their damages from their insurance company.
A motorist must have minimum $10,000 coverage for Personal Injury Protection (PIP), and $10,000 for Property Damage Coverage (PD) according to state law.
This coverage is legal but it is not sufficient if an accident is serious. When finalizing Florida car insurance, I recommend PIP/PD at least $100k/$100k. Any injuries or damages that exceed your coverage will be covered out of your own pocket.
Auto Insurance Quote – Florida Other Important Coverage
PIP and PD do not apply to medical expenses or property damage that you may cause. These additional perils should be protected:
- Collision – Insures your vehicle for any collision damage.
- Comprehensive – Protects your vehicle against theft and damages from fire, Mother Nature, vandalism, and other hazards.
- Bodily Injury – Insurance for injuries to other people for whom you are responsible.
- Gap insurance – Covers excess loan balance on auto and amount that can be recovered through collision policy.
Auto Insurance Quotes-Florida: Get Around
You can save a lot of money if you take the right steps and make wise decisions when shopping for Florida insurance. Use free websites such as Quote Wizard and 2Insure4Less to compare prices and get quotes. Fill out a form once and you will receive three to four quotes. After comparing the quotes, you choose the best.
Auto Insurance Quote -Florida : Savings
These are some things to keep in mind as you make your decision about auto insurance.
- Insurance companies offer huge discounts to drivers with clean driving records. Make sure you check the quote you’re reviewing to see if you are eligible.
- A higher deductible can reduce your collision and comprehensive insurance costs. The most popular amounts are $250 and $500, but $1,000 is increasingly becoming popular. How much are you willing to fork out for each accident?
- Consider removing collision and comprehensive coverage if you own an older car.
- You should consider taking a mature driver course if you are over 60. Florida regulations require that seniors who take this course are given lower rates for three years.
- You should consider adding safety features to your vehicle. Many companies offer lower rates on self-adjusting seat belts and anti-lock brakes.