What is the cost of car insurance? Delaware’s average car insurance cost is $787 for basic coverage and $1775 for complete. These numbers are only an estimate of the costs. There are many factors that affect how much coverage costs, and you have options to reduce them.
What is the cost of car insurance in Delaware?
There are many variables that can affect the amount you pay each month for car insurance. Here are some of the variables:
- Make and model of car
- Driving history
- Insurance company
- Types of coverage
- Marital status
- Credit score
- Zip code
The current average car insurance rate in Delaware is $787 for minimum coverage, and $1,775 to cover full coverage. Each state has its own average. The average American pays $565 minimum and $1,674 full for all 50 states, making Delaware slightly more expensive than other states.
Delaware auto insurance rates by company
This table shows how important it can be to shop around for the cheapest auto insurance. Although big names tend to have the highest rates, this is not always true. You will need to do some research to find the best Delaware insurance companies.
|Car insurance company||Minimum coverage: Average annual premium||For full coverage, the average annual premium|
|Main Street America Group||$692||$1,844|
These rates can still be affected by other factors so it is important to get multiple quotes in order to determine the best price.
Car insurance rates in Delaware vary by city
Below is a table showing the average rates for the top 20 most populous cities in Delaware. Your ZIP code is an important factor in determining the amount you pay. The third column shows the cost difference between the city’s premium for full coverage and the state’s (1,775).
|City||For full coverage, the average annual premium||Increase of % in the average annual premium|
Car insurance rates in Delaware based on age
Your age has a significant impact on the Delaware car insurance rates. There will be a significant increase in your insurance rates when you turn 18, but it drops by 25% if you have a clean driving record.
|Age||Delaware’s average annual premium|
*Based on disclosures from parents, 16-year-olds are taken into account
Driving record is required to obtain Delaware car insurance
Your Delaware auto insurance rates could rise if you are convicted of a speeding offense, an accident, or a DUI. This depends on the policies of your insurance provider. These rates are based on the average increase in insurance premiums after one incident. You may be charged more if you are a repeat offenders.
|Accident while driving||Delaware’s average annual premium for full coverage||Increase of % in the average annual premium|
How to Save on Delaware Car Insurance
With the right strategies, you can lower your Delaware car insurance rates. Here are our recommendations:
- Compare prices: Car insurance companies can charge you different amounts for the same coverage. You can save money by shopping around and getting quotes from several providers if you are looking to cut costs. Although most companies claim they are the cheapest provider of services, a little research can often discredit this assertion.
- Compare Discounts: The top insurance companies offer multiple ways for customers to reduce their premiums. Despite having the same discounts, you will probably save more with one company than with the other. Talk to an agent to find out how much you can save.
- Your deductible should be increased: A higher deductible means a lower monthly cost. Make sure that you have enough coverage in case of an accident. You may not find the highest deductible suitable for your daily needs or comfort level.
- An older car is more affordable to insure as they are less expensive to fix or replace. You can capitalize on your situation by finding a used car with a high safety rating. This can be paired up with car-related discounts such as anti-lock brakes or daytime lighting.
- Your credit score should be raised: Delaware car insurance companies are allowed to charge drivers with low credit scores a higher premium. Because drivers with low credit scores are statistically more likely than others to be in an accident, this is why car insurance companies in Delaware can charge a higher premium. Your credit score should be higher and your premium will drop.
Questions frequently asked
What is the monthly cost of Delaware car insurance?
$65.58 is the state average for minimum coverage, which averages $787 per annum. $147.92 is the average annual cost for full coverage insurance (average $1775 per annum).
Is it possible to switch providers in Delaware
After you have decided which company you want, switching providers will be easy. After you have made that decision, all you need to do is make a few calls.
How can I find the best companies?
You can consider a few things. Reviewing each company’s J.D. is a good place to begin. Power score. J.D. J.D. AM Best is a great resource.
Both J.D. Both J.D. Power and AM Best can give you a picture about how a company will treat you after a trauma. These two resources can help you decide if the best providers are not available to you.