Oklahoma has approximately 2.5 million licensed drivers.
With so many risks on the roads, it’s crucial that drivers have the right insurance. We compare coverage options and prices to help you find the best Oklahoma car coverage.
Oklahoma’s cheapest car insurance
Car insurance costs average $390 per annum for minimum coverage, and $1878 for full coverage. This cost is nearly $200 less than the national average. An annual minimum coverage policy costs $563, while a full-coverage policy is $1,738.
Our recommendations can help you save even more on Oklahoma car insurance.
Geico provides easy online quotes and is one the most popular auto insurance providers. Geico policyholders can get customer service and support 24/7 in three Oklahoma cities: Lawton, Oklahoma City and Tulsa. The search engine can help you find discounts based on your military, federal, medical or professional affiliation.
USAA offers a 10% discount on your homeowners or renters insurance. There are also discounts available based upon how you drive your car and the type of vehicle you own. You can also save money by being a loyal member or getting family discounts.
State Farm has many ways to save money on your car insurance. These include Drive Safe & Save and Steer Clear. These include a data-ctaposition=”20″ data-linktype=”contentInline” href=”https://www.bankrate.com/insurance/car/state-farm-drive-safe-and-save/”>Drive Safe & Save/a> as well as a data-ctaposition=”21″, data-linktype=”contentInline” href=”https://www.bankrate.com/insurance/car/state-farm-steer-clear/steer-clear-clear/>Steer-clear/>Steer-clear-clear-clear/>Steer-clear-clear-clear-clear//>Steer-clear/>Steer-clear/>Steer-clear-clear/a>Steer-clear/a>Steer-clear/a>State-farm-farm-clear-inter-bankrate.com/bankrate.
Farmers Insurance offers specialized coverage.
Mercury is a smaller insurance provider that only serves certain states, such as Oklahoma. An auto pay discount, a pay in full and an auto pay discount are available. Also, you can choose from rental car coverage, optional roadside assistance and PIP. You can also get ride-hailing coverage starting from $1 per day.
Oklahoma drivers can get affordable coverage
Oklahoma drivers need to have at least basic auto insurance in order to legally drive a car within the state.
This includes minimum coverage
- Personal coverage for bodily injury liability: $25,000
- Accidental bodily injury coverage: $50,000
- Property damage coverage: $25,000
Drivers can refuse to purchase the following car insurance coverage in writing.
- Uninsured Motorists are covered for bodily injury up to $25,000 per person
- Uninsured Motorists can get coverage for bodily injury to their vehicle.
Drivers should have adequate coverage to cover their vehicle, personal effects, and any other persons involved in an accident.
How to Get Oklahoma Car Insurance at a Cheap Price
These tips can help you find affordable Oklahoma auto insurance before you purchase your next policy.
- Compare rates Your rate factor that affects the cost for car insurance is your location. There might be a cheaper car insurance in Tulsa than the one you have elsewhere.
- Compare insurance companies: Every company offers its own pricing and policy options. You can also compare quotes from different insurance companies to find the best one for you.
- Discounts are available. You can save money on your auto insurance policy in many ways. You can save money on your car insurance by combining your policy with one of the top Oklahoma home insurance companies.
- Your credit score plays a major role in determining the price of car insurance. Because you are more likely to pay your bills on-time than other people, this is why.
- To save money on your car insurance, you can increase your deductible. However, you will have to pay more upfront in the event you lose your policy.
Commonly asked questions
What insurance policy is best to insure Oklahoma car owners?
While one driver may have the lowest Oklahoma car insurance, it might not be for another. Pricing is determined by many factors, including your driving record and the type of vehicle you drive.
What’s the average cost of car insurance in the United States?
The US average car insurance cost is $565 for basic coverage and $1674 to get full coverage .
Oklahoma requires car insurance
Oklahoma drivers must have minimum car insurance. This includes bodily injuries coverage up to $25,000 per individual, $50,000 per accident and $25,000.
Maine auto insurance rates by city
Your ZIPcode could affect the average car insurance rate in Maine. Based on their population, the following 20 cities are the most populous in Maine. Although Maine’s auto insurance rates are not as high as those in other states, there are still price differences.
Rates for Maine car insurance based on age
Younger drivers pay higher premiums, regardless of where they live. Insurance companies consider teens and young adults to be higher-risk drivers.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that younger drivers are more likely to be less experienced and take greater risks while driving. They are also more likely to be distracted and cause serious car accidents. As a result, premiums fall over time and become more affordable for young drivers with clean driving records.
Driving record is required to obtain Maine car insurance
Your driving record can have an impact on the cost of your car insurance in Maine and elsewhere. Safety-conscious drivers tend to pay less for car insurance. However, one accident can increase your total coverage by 32%. This is roughly $450 more than the average Maine car insurance cost.
How to Save on Maine Car Insurance
There are many ways to lower your car insurance premiums if your rates have gone up, or you cannot afford them.
- Compare multiple quotes for your car insurance. You could save hundreds of dollars. Do not hesitate to compare prices and tell your current insurer that you are interested in switching providers. They might match your lower car insurance quote, or offer you a discount to continue with you.
- Increase your deductible: A driver with a good driving record who has never been cited for a traffic offense can raise the amount that you would need to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. This could help you save money on vehicle insurance rates.
- You can garage your vehicle: Most insurance companies will offer a discount for keeping your vehicle indoors, and out of the cold Maine winter weather.
- A driver safety course is available in Maine. It could give you three points on your driving record and lower insurance premiums. The course takes approximately five hours, but it may be worth the effort to save money on your vehicle insurance.
Questions frequently asked
What is the monthly cost of Maine car insurance?
You can expect to pay approximately $25 per month for minimum coverage and $80 for full coverage. You may be eligible for lower monthly premiums depending on your driving record and which insurance company you choose.
What amount of Maine car insurance do you need?
You will need to have at least:
- $50,000.00 per person and $100,000.00 per accident for bodily injuries liability
- $25,000 for property damage
- $2,000 per person for medical payments
- $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident in uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM) coverage
Which is the best car insurance in Maine?
Each driver’s situation will determine which insurance company is the most affordable in Maine. Geico and USAA have some affordable rates based on our evaluation of the top Maine carriers.