Washington’s average annual car insurance cost is $1,176 for full coverage, and $463 for minimal coverage. There are many variables that can influence the price of car insurance. These variables include your age, driving record, ZIP code and insurance provider. Your premium will be highly personalized and may vary from the averages below.
What is the cost of Washington car insurance?
Every driver will receive a unique quote because each person is in a different position. Insurance providers consider the factors that determine your risk in order to determine how much you will pay for car coverage. Washington insurance rates may be affected by risk variables and other factors such as:
- Driving record/past infractions
- Types of coverage
- Minimum amount
- ZIP code
- Make and model of car
Washington does not allow credit scores to be included in your car insurance premium. The average Washington annual car insurance rate is $463 for minimum coverage, and $1,176 to cover full coverage. Every state has its own average which could be higher or lower than the national average. Washington’s average cost for car insurance is $565, and $1,674, respectively. This means that Washington is a lot cheaper than other states.
Washington auto insurance rates by company
Below is a table that shows how rates can differ between providers of car insurance. The most affordable providers in Washington are often the well-known, industry-dominant firms. However, smaller companies may offer lower rates. Comparison-shopping is a good way to find the best provider.
Washington auto insurance rates per city
What is the cost of car insurance for Washington? These rates are based on population and show the 20 most populous cities in Washington. Some ZIP codes have higher rates than others, but others pay lower rates than the average state.
Washington car insurance rates based on age
Washington car insurance rates are heavily affected by your age. The highest rates for drivers are typically at 18 when they have their own policy. Rates then begin to decline until rates plateau around age 25. Young drivers are more likely to be in an accident and have less experience behind the wheel, so car insurance companies charge them more.
Washington auto insurance rates by driving record
Washington’s auto insurance rates are affected by your driving record, just like in any other state. You will pay more for car insurance if you have an accident, are cited with speeding or are convicted of DUI. Below are the rates that show how much drivers will pay after one offense in each category. The increase will be higher if you are a repeat offenders.
Washington: How to Save on Car Insurance
Washington’s car insurance rates are positively affected in several ways. You can reduce your premium in most cases by making these changes.
- Compare rates: Not all car insurance companies offer the same rates. Some may offer lower rates than others. The best way to get the lowest rates is to compare provider quotes.
- Compare Discounts: When you’re rate shopping, take a look at the discounts offered by each company to determine which discounts you might be eligible for. It can be difficult to determine how much each company will save you. You may need to talk with an agent in order to determine this.
- Increase your deductible: This is a great way to save money, but the savings will depend on the type of coverage you have. However, if you are involved in an accident, your payout will be lower. This is why it is important to have financial plans in place in case of a claim.
- Driving an older car can help you save money on your insurance.
Questions frequently asked
What is the monthly cost of Washington car insurance?
Your premium will likely be higher than the average state premium. However, 2021 quoted premiums indicate Washington drivers pay around:
- Minimum coverage: $38.58 per month (based on an annual premium $463).
- Full coverage: $98 per month (based on an annual premium $1,176).
Is it possible to change carriers in Washington?
Switching providers can have many benefits. It is often not difficult. It is important to contact agents to schedule your policy dates in order to avoid lapses.
How can I choose the best insurance company for me?
The best insurance provider will depend on your particular situation. Do you want the lowest price, best customer service, or the most coverage? J.D. J.D.