Over 1.1 Million licensed drivers are on West Virginia’s roads. More 40% households have two cars. On average, car insurance costs in West Virginia are $458 per year for minimum liability coverage and $1499 annually to cover full coverage.
To find the best rates for you, compare quotes from multiple car insurance companies. Your driving record and where you live in West Virginia are key factors that determine how affordable your rates will be.
What is the cost of car insurance in West Virginia?
The state where you live will play a major role in the cost of your auto insurance. However, other factors such as your driving record, age and the car you drive can also impact the price. West Virginia’s auto insurance rates are lower than the national average cost for car insurance, which is $565 annually for minimum coverage and $1674 for full coverage. We also looked at how much car insurance in West Virginia costs based on factors such as company, age, driving record, and city.
West Virginia car insurance rates based on company
Below is a list of the top car insurance companies that offer coverage in West Virginia. The rates are comparable to what an average West Virginia driver would pay. We found Nationwide, Erie, and USAA to be the most affordable car insurance in West Virginia, but rates are determined based on household and personal demographics. To determine which auto insurance company is best for you, get multiple quotes from different companies and compare rates and coverages.
How to Save on Car Insurance in West Virginia
There are many ways to save money on West Virginia car insurance.
- Ask about discounts: Many car insurance companies offer a variety of discount options that can make auto insurance more affordable. To ensure you get all the discounts and coverages you are entitled to, talk with your agent if you haven’t reviewed your policy in a while.
- You can get a low mileage discount on your auto policy if you drive with a carpool or work from home. Discounts could be higher for those who drive less each year.
- Take into consideration a new vehicle purchase: Consider the safety features available for different models. The safer a car is, generally speaking, the more affordable it will cost to insure. Safety features include anti-lock brakes and automatic seatbelts. They also help to prevent theft and reduce injuries.
- Check your coverages. If your car is older, you might be able to get collision and comprehensive coverage at a lower price. You can also save money by increasing your deductibles. However, you should ensure that you have the funds to pay the higher deductible and to repair your vehicle if you are in an accident.
- Compare quotes from several companies when you shop for car insurance. You can save money by switching to other carriers.
Questions frequently asked
How long should your car have full coverage?
Although every person’s answer will be different, generally, once the vehicle’s book value has dropped enough that you are able to cover claims out of your own pocket, it is time to get rid of comprehensive and collision coverage. To ensure you are complying with the terms of your loan, check with your lender if the vehicle is still on a loan.
Which cars have the lowest insurance rates
Insurance rates are determined by many factors other than the vehicle. These include where you live and your driving record. Because they are less likely to be injured and more resistant to theft, cars with higher safety features have lower auto insurance rates.
What is the best car insurance in West Virginia for you?
Nationwide is the most affordable auto insurance in West Virginia for both state minimum and full coverage , according to an analysis of a sample driver. Your rates could be different depending on where you live, what type of car, and how long you have been driving.