Based on U.S. Census data, Bakersfield is the largest city in California. It has a homeownership ratio of 59%. Bakersfield’s average homeowners insurance cost is $932 per year for $250,000 of dwelling coverage. This is significantly lower than the national average $13,312. Bankrate has compared top providers based on market share, including premiums starting in 2021, customer service ratings and coverage options.
Bakersfield’s best home insurance company
Get quotes from multiple providers to find the lowest homeowners insurance rates for Bakersfield. Bankrate has reviewed a number of carriers to give an average rate based on 2021 premiums. The 2020 J.D. The 2020 J.D. Power Home Insurance Study Ratings were also included to compare these providers on both rates and customer satisfaction.
The California-based insurance company Mercury was established in 1961. It currently has more than 9,400 agents who can assist homeowners with their insurance needs. Mercury offers Bakersfield homeowners the lowest annual premiums among all the insurance companies reviewed. It also offers a wide variety of coverage options and discounts. This may be because the carrier does not have a large market share compared to national carriers. The benefits of a local provider could be that your agent may be more familiar with the state’s risks.
USAA offers insurance policies to veterans, current active military personnel and their immediate families. USAA provides standard homeowners coverages and optional add-ons, such as earthquake endorsements or identity theft coverage, to those who meet the eligibility criteria. USAA is also the best in the J.D. The USAA Power Home Insurance Study scored an impressive 889 points out of 1,000, which demonstrates its commitment to customer service for its members.
Progressive, one of the biggest insurance providers in America by market share is able offer Bakersfield highly competitive rates. The number of discounts that you might be eligible for can help lower your premium. You can also save even more on your Progressive homeowners insurance by paying in advance or renewing before your policy rollsover.
State Farm was founded in 1922 and is the largest U.S. provider of insurance by market share. It continues to innovate 100 years later. Customers and potential customers can get quotes and make changes to their policies, file claims, and even file claims online. Or, they can contact one of the 19,000 agents across the country. These factors are just a few of the reasons why State Farm is ranked above the industry average in customer satisfaction according to the 2020 JDPower home insurance study.
Travelers, which has been writing insurance policies since 1864, is the oldest carrier. Homeowners who buy a policy from Travelers today can choose from useful coverage options, such as a personal article floater that covers high-value items like jewelry and art. California homeowners can save up to 15% by getting discounts, such as multi-policy savings or a discount for new buyers.
Bakersfield has a variety of home insurance options
Although homeowners insurance is not required by law, most lenders require it if you finance your home. Homeowners insurance provides financial protection in the event of damage due to covered perils. It is one of best ways to protect your investment in your home. These coverages can be increased or decreased depending on the level of protection you desire and the home’s value.
- Dwelling coverage: Protects your home from damage caused by a covered peril such as fire or theft.
- Personal property coverage: This protects your personal property, including clothing and furniture, against any covered peril. Scheduled property coverage can be purchased for high-value items such as art or jewelry if they exceed the insurance companies replacement limits.
- Earthquake coverage: Although standard homeowners policies don’t include earthquake coverage you can add it as an endorsement. This will provide additional coverage in the event that your home is damaged by an earthquake.
Bakersfield home insurance discounts
Bakersfield homeowners insurance rates are lower than the national average of $1,312, but there are discounts that can help homeowners save more. You may be eligible for discounts depending on which providers are included in your quote-comparison.
- Paperless statements: Switch to paperless statements and save on premiums with many providers. It is one less bill that takes up space in your mailbox and offers lower rates.
- Bundling: It is easy to save money on your homeowners insurance and your auto insurance by purchasing your policy through the same company. While some carriers offer discounts up to 25% for customers who bundle two or more policies with them, the exact percentage of savings may vary from provider to provider.
- Construction of a new home: Carriers may offer a discount if your home was built in the past year.
While discounts are a great way of saving premiums, there are also other savings options. Your premiums will be lower if your deductible is increased. Many carriers also offer savings if your premiums are paid in full before your policy expires. Talk to an agent about how you can reduce your home insurance costs.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
You can find the best home insurance company by looking at customer service ratings, financial strength, coverages, discounts, and digital tools. Bankrate has evaluated many companies using these factors to help you make your decision.
What is the cost of Bakersfield home insurance?
Bakersfield’s average homeowners insurance policy costs $932 per annum for $250,000 of dwelling coverage. Your rates could be higher or lower depending on many factors such as your ZIP code, age and the risks that you have on your property.