Boise residents make up approximately 60% of the population. Although it isn’t required by law, home insurance is a smart decision. For a policy that covers $250,000 of dwelling coverage, the average home insurance cost in Boise is $789 annually. We researched the best Boise homeowners insurance based on price and coverage.
Boise’s best home insurance company
We recommend American Family, Allstate and MetLife as the best home insurance companies in Boise. These five providers offer low premiums, great coverage options, and outstanding financial strength ratings.
American Family is the most affordable Boise home insurer we tested. The average policy is $587 per annum, which is over $200 less than the average annual rate in the city. American Family offers reliable coverage with endorsements for equipment breakdown and matching siding protection. They also offer identity theft coverage. American Family offers excellent discounts including savings on newer and renovated homes, customer loyalty, policy bundling, and a decreasing deductible program.
Allstate’s home coverage is very affordable and robust. It also includes optional coverages such as water backup, green restoration and identity theft. There are tons of discount available, including savings for new homeowners, no claims, a home security system, and the option to sign a policy before your existing one ends. Allstate offers a unique claim rate guard protection that prevents your premium from rising after a claim.
Boise homeowners looking for replacement cost coverage policies can choose MetLife home insurance. Every MetLife policy includes replacement cost coverage for your home and personal property as well as coverage for identity theft. MetLife does not offer discounts. This is the biggest problem with MetLife. Bundling your auto and home insurance is the only way to lower your premium. MetLife doesn’t offer customized protection endorsements.
USAA is a top-rated insurance company, but you can only get insurance through USAA if you are an active duty or retired military personnel. Boise residents who qualify for USAA have access to great rates, reliable coverage and excellent customer service. Every policy includes free coverage for earthquakes, uniform coverage, and identity theft. Discounts are available for installing a security system at your home, filing claims, and bundling policies.
With an average annual premium $878, Farmers is the most expensive Boise insurance provider. Farmers offers excellent home insurance coverage so it might be worth paying a higher rate. Farmers offers three home insurance tiers: standard, enhanced, and premier. Each tier has varying levels coverage. Every policy includes a declining deductible and claim forgiveness after five consecutive years. It also provides cosmetic damage coverage and a claims free discount.
There are other Boise home insurance options you might consider
Boise homeowners are not usually required to have home insurance. Only exceptions are made if your mortgage lender requires that you purchase coverage as part your loan agreement. It is worth purchasing home insurance even if you don’t have a mortgage. These are the top home insurance options for Boise residents to consider.
- Earthquake insurance: Although earthquakes can occasionally happen in Idaho, most home insurance policies don’t cover earthquake-related damages. You should get earthquake insurance to protect your home and personal property from damage caused by earthquakes.
- Flood insurance: Boise may be affected by flooding due to heavy rains and snow melt. Home insurance doesn’t cover floods so a separate flood insurance policy is a good option to protect your home.
- Water backup coverage: An optional water backup policy covers water damage to your home and personal property.
Boise home insurance discounts
Boise home insurance companies offer discounts. Discounts are a great way to save on homeowners insurance. These are some home insurance discounts you might find in Boise
- Discounts without claims: Homeowners with no insurance claims can often qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for new homes: Many home insurance companies offer a discount if you insure a home that has been recently purchased or built.
- Discount for security systems: You can save money on your insurance if your home has a security system.
- Full discount if you pay your annual premium in full: Homeowners who pay in full rather than in monthly payments often receive a slightly lower premium.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
There are many best home insurer options. It all depends on where you live and what coverage you require, as well as how much you are willing to spend. We recommend comparing different providers and shopping around to find the best home insurer for you.
What amount of home insurance do you need in Boise
Boise residents should have sufficient dwelling insurance to cover the costs of rebuilding their homes to their original condition. Personal property coverage should be sufficient to cover the cost of replacing personal belongings if they are damaged or destroyed by a covered event. You should also have sufficient liability insurance to cover your personal assets in the event you are sued.