Eugene, Oregon homeowners are facing rising property values and higher than normal home insurance rates. Home values have risen sharply 25% from $342K to $430K between May 2020 and May 2021. Quadrant Information Services was used by Bankrate to determine that Eugene’s home insurance premiums were $1,433 annually for $250,000 of dwelling coverage.
The area’s vulnerability for wildfires and flooding is one reason why premiums in Oregon are so high. We compared rates, coverage types and customer satisfaction ratings to help you choose the right home insurance company at a reasonable price.
The best home insurance rates in Eugene
Bankrate has selected the following five companies as one of the top home insurance options for Eugene. The carriers were all rated favorably in the J.D. Power Home Insurance Study. These rates are lower than the national average premium for home insurance of £1,312 per annum, and much lower than Eugene’s average annual rate of $1,433.
A standard homeowner policy from Travelers could be a benefit to Eugene residents who are unable to work at home full-time or occasionally. Travelers’ home coverage includes work equipment to protect your home printers, phones, and other office equipment.
Travelers Insurance’s most exclusive add-on may be the green rebuilding coverage. Travelers Insurance will cover the cost of replacing or rebuilding items in your home that are eco-friendly with green endorsements.
American Family’s digital presence may be a good fit for you if you prefer to manage your home insurance online or via a mobile app. There are many tutorials on insurance, as well as tools like a checklist for home insurance and a calculator that will help you determine how much insurance is needed.
Eugene residents with special needs may also be able to benefit from the Personal Coverage Assistance tool. This tool walks you through all options for coverage through American Family.
J.D. tops USAA Power’s Home Insurance Study is ranked No. 1 by J.D. USAA membership and home insurance can only be purchased by former or current military personnel and their immediate families.
Home insurance and optional coverages like flood insurance can be purchased through USAA for those who are able to join. USAA provides unique coverages for active duty personnel, including uniform coverage which pays for damaged or lost military uniforms due to covered perils.
State Farm is different from other home insurance providers because of its strong digital presence and local presence. Eugene residents can download the State Farm mobile app to manage their home insurance through the app or on the State Farm website.
It is easy to file a claim online. You can even upload photos and videos directly to the app for an appraiser’s review. Eugene has 20 local agents who can provide personalized service.
Allstate, like State Farm has local agents. Allstate doesn’t have as many local agents as State Farm, but you only need one. Allstate may have the coverage that Eugene residents need, in addition to a local presence.
Allstate’s Host Advantage insurance covers you if you intend to share your home by renting out a bedroom or renting out the entire space. You can also get green rebuilding coverage and reimbursement for sports equipment, business property, and musical instruments.
Options for home insurance in Eugene
Eugene residents have a Hazards Mitigation Plan. Eugene residents should be aware of hazards like earthquakes, wildfires and dam failures. Many homeowners insurance companies offer extra coverage that covers perils not covered by a standard policy. These coverages aren’t required in all cases, but they can help you cover unexpected events.
- Flood insurance: This flood is typical of. You might consider buying a policy to cover flood coverage if you live within a flood zone.
- Green rebuild: Oregon has promoted green building practices for affordable housing. Sustainability-conscious homeowners in Oregon could add green rebuild to their home insurance to receive reimbursement when they rebuild or replace using eco-friendly materials.
- You can replace the item with replacement cost insurance without incurring a loss. Instead of paying a discount based on age or condition, replacement value insurance pays for the new version of the claimed items.
Eugene home insurance discount
You should make every penny count. Even a 5% drop in your premiums could allow you to spend more on other items. You may be eligible for certain discounts from home insurance companies.
- Military: You may be eligible for a premium discount if you are currently or previously a member of the military. You can always ask your carrier if you don’t see the discount offered through your preferred insurance company.
- Teacher: The University of Oregon, Eugene’s biggest employer. Some insurance companies may offer better rates for teachers and educators who work at the university or other educational institutions.
- Bundling: If your vehicle is one or more, bundling auto and home insurance can lower your rates with most insurers. Multiple policies with the same insurance company can save you money and make it easier to manage.
- You may be eligible for a discount on your premium if you don’t have any home insurance claims. Each insurance company may have a different qualification and you might need to be a customer for a specific period of time before you are eligible.
Bundling discounts can make the most impact on homeowners insurance premiums. Ask a licensed agent from the company to discuss any discounts that they may be able to offer.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
There is no one home insurance company which is the best. Compare quotes from different companies for the same coverage to find what is best for you. Bankrate has selected USAA, Nationwide Travelers, Allstate Travelers, Allstate and American Family as the best insurance companies based on customer satisfaction and low rates. However, there might be other providers that are more suitable for your needs.
What is the cost of Eugene home insurance?
For $250,000 of dwelling coverage, homeowners insurance in Eugene, Oregon averages $1,433 per annum. Rates may be higher or lower depending on factors such as age, condition and location.