For a policy covering $250,000 of dwelling coverage, the average annual cost for homeowners insurance is $860. The cost of Fremont home insurance is quite affordable, but real estate prices are much higher. The median property value was $863,000. This is 3.76 times more than the national average of $229,000.
Fremont homeowners might want to purchase home insurance to protect their investment. Bankrate did research to determine the best affordable home insurance companies in Fremont. This was based on factors such as 2021 average rates, discounts, and coverage options.
Fremont’s best home insurance company
We recommend Mercury, USAA Travelers, State Farm, Progressive, and State Farm as options for homeowners insurance in Fremont. These providers are known for their low premiums, generous discounts and reliability.
Mercury is Fremont’s top home insurance company if you are looking to get a low rate. A policy with $250,000 coverage for dwelling costs will cost $456 annually. This is over $400 less than the average city rate. Mercury provides basic coverage, with only a few endorsements. However, the company offers a variety discounts. Bundling policies, purchasing a home in a gated community, or having your home constructed with fire-resistant materials can save you money.
USAA sells only home insurance to retired and active military personnel. Fremont residents who qualify for USAA might find its low rates and high-rated customer service appealing. It also offers unique coverage options. USAA offers optional earthquake coverage, which can be added to your standard policies. Military uniforms are also available for deployed and active military personnel. USAA offers discounts by bundling your policies, being claims-free and installing a home security system in your home.
Fremont homeowners looking for cheap home insurance can choose Travelers. A policy with $250,000 of dwelling coverage costs $514 annually. Homeowners who wish to customize their policy with endorsements such as contents replacement cost coverage, green coverage or water backup, sump pump coverage, should also consider Travelers. Travelers offers discounts for new home buyers. They also offer savings on LEED-certified green homes. You can bundle your policies and install protective devices in your home.
State Farm is a popular home insurance company with 9.12% of the overall market. State Farm has been highly rated in J.D Power studies for customer satisfaction and claims satisfaction. This makes it an attractive option if you are looking for reliable customer service. State Farm’s low rates are not the only thing that makes it stand out. They also offer a wide range of discounts including a policy bundle discount that could save you as much as 965 per annum.
Progressive’s home insurance coverage can be described as standard but the company is known for offering some the best discounts in this industry. Fremont residents can lower their premiums by purchasing a new home, insuring it in full, installing a security system, getting a quote ahead of time, bundling policies, and many other things. Progressive offers a variety of online tools such as the HomeQuote Explorer which allows you compare Progressive’s rates to other insurance providers.
Fremont offers a variety of home insurance options
Fremont homeowners do not have to be covered by home insurance. However, your lender might require it. Regardless of the reason, homeowners insurance can be extremely beneficial. You are financially responsible for the repair or reconstruction of your home after a disaster. These are some home insurance options Fremont homeowners might want to consider.
- Earthquake insurance is not usually included in standard home insurance. You may need separate earthquake insurance to protect your home and personal belongings from damage caused by earthquakes. Agents recommend that you purchase enough earthquake coverage to cover the cost for rebuilding your home.
- Flood insurance: Traditional home insurance policies are not often able to cover flood damage. Flood insurance will cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home if it is damaged by floodwaters. Flood insurance can be purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), but private flood insurance is also available from some insurance companies.
- Scheduled personal item coverage : If you have valuable items such as electronics, jewelry, collections, or art, schedule personal property insurance . This policy allows you to increase your coverage for valuable belongings that may otherwise be very limited.
Fremont Home Insurance Discounts
Home insurance discounts can help you lower your premium. There are many discounts offered by insurance companies, but the most popular ones include:
- You can get a discount if you pay your premium in full upfront.
- Discount for new homes: Many insurance companies offer lower rates to homeowners who have recently purchased or built a home.
- Multi-policy Discount: Homeowners who combine their home and auto insurance policies with the same company usually qualify for substantial savings.
- Discounts on roofs: Insurance companies may offer discounts to homeowners with a new or impact-resistant roof.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
The best home insurer is determined by a number of factors and each person is different. A company offering military-specific coverage may be the best choice for some homeowners. For others, one that covers scheduled personal property could be a better option. We recommend shopping around and getting multiple quotes to compare providers.
What is the cost of Fremont’s home insurance?
Fremont homeowners pay an average $860 per year for home insurance with $250,000 coverage. The U.S. is comparable. The average homeowners insurance cost is $1,312 annually for the same coverage.