Louisville residents don’t face as many dangers as those living along the Gulf Coast. Kentucky is still susceptible to tornadoes and flooding. For a policy covering $250,000 in dwelling coverage, the average cost for Kentucky home insurance is $1693. You will need to find out which companies offer affordable home insurance in Kentucky, and what discounts are offered.
The best home insurance companies Louisville
Bankrate narrowed the pool of providers to five best home-insurance companies in Louisville. The factors that narrowed the field were customer ratings, average policy pricing, and coverages that are applicable to residents of the area.
|Insurance company for homeowners||Average annual premium of $250,000 for liability||J.D. J.D.|
|All over the country||$1,414||808/1,000|
Cincinnati Financial Insurance
Cincinnati Financial’s home insurance coverage is the best and most affordable for first-time homeowners. There are two options for homeowners with homes over $500K. A standard HO-3 is available for all homes. You can also add identity theft expense, earthquake insurance and advocacy service which provide legal assistance to you.
AAA members can purchase home insurance to get 5% off their policy. Your AAA home policy includes the essentials, as well as jewelry up to $1500 and spoiled food due to a power outage. You can also get legal/medical bills for your pet biting guests who have entered your property.
Find out more about AAA Insurance review
USAA provides insurance only to its members, just like AAA. USAA’s requirements exclude more people than AAA. USAA requires that you are a veteran, a member or a close relative to qualify for quality, low-cost home insurance. USAA offers flood insurance in addition to the standard coverages you would expect from major insurers. This insurance is not part of an HO-3 policy.
Find out more about USAA Insurance Review
Auto-Owners Insurance, best known for its car insurance, also offers homeowners coverage. Louisville homeowners pay an average $1,253 annually for a basic policy. This is one of five lowest premiums in the region. You can also buy add-ons like jewelry and collectible endorsements, higher limits for food spoilage, or guaranteed replacement values.
Read more: Auto-Owners Insurance Review
All over the country
Louisiville residents pay an average of $1,414 annually for Nationwide’s annual premiums. There are a number of options available to increase your basic home insurance coverage. Brand New Belongings coverage, which is the company’s equivalent of guaranteed replacement cost, reimburses you for items that are lost with a new property. Better Roof Replacement coverage will replace your roof when it is time.
Find out more about Nationwide Insurance Review
Louisville Home Insurance Considerations
Except for homeowners who have a mortgage, Kentucky does not require home insurance. Insurance experts agree that home insurance is a wise financial decision, even though it isn’t mandatory. If your home is destroyed by fire, the cost of rebuilding it will likely be much higher than annual insurance. You should add the following coverages:
- Jewellery or high-value items endorsement: Your home insurance will limit the amount you receive in case collectible or difficult-to-replace objects are stolen or lost. A scheduled personal property endorsement is available for items that have a total value greater than $1,500. This will allow you to receive reimbursement for the cost of the item.
- Flood insurance Flood insurance does not come with a standard HO-3 insurance policy. Flood insurance can help protect your finances from damage caused by hurricanes and heavy rainstorms.
- Guaranteed replacement cost: Your home policy will cover the cost of replacing property, after taking into account depreciation. You can usually buy a new copy of damaged or stolen property by upgrading to guaranteed replacement cost.
Louisville home insurance discounts
You can save a lot of money by taking advantage of all the carrier discounts that are available. These are some of the best ways to save money on Louisville KY home insurance
- Discounts on Claims: This discount may be available based upon the time it has been since you filed a claim.
- Home safety: Smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and home security system can all help to reduce your home insurance.
- Bundling: You can bundle multiple insurance products with one company and receive a discount for all of your coverages.
- New home: Your home insurance may be less expensive if you have a brand-new home than if you had a home built twenty years ago.
Questions frequently asked
What is the cost of home insurance in Louisville?
For a policy that covers $250,000 of dwelling coverage, the average Louisville, Kentucky home insurance cost is $1,693 annually
Which is the best company for home insurance?
Your needs and budget will determine which home insurance company Louisville is best. Get quotes from multiple home insurance companies to find the best one for you.
What is an HO-3?
An HO-3 insurance policy is a standard home policy. It covers 16 perils that can affect your home and any claims that are not included in the policy.