Mobile’s homeownership rate is 54%. Except for a mortgage, homeowner’s insurance is not required. Mobile, Alabama’s average home insurance premium is $1942, for a $250,000 house. Low-cost Mobile home insurance rates can be a great option if you’re a first homeowner, or have a tight budget.
Mobile’s top home insurance providers
Bankrate gathered home insurance quotes from dozens of mobile insurance companies to find the best home insurer providers. This was for a standard HO-3 policy that provides $250,000.00 in coverage. To narrow down the list to five companies, we used customer service ratings, financial strength, and cost for home insurance.
J.D. has given USAA the highest rating. Power has the highest rating from J.D. USAA offers only coverage for military personnel, veterans, and their immediate family. Although the company is more affordable than other companies in our list, it does not offer coverage to all. The membership structure of USAA, which has 13,000,000 members, is one reason why it can provide affordable HO-3 coverage.
Cincinnati Financial Insurance
CinFin has broken down home insurance into three packages that take the guesswork out buying coverage. Executive Capstone and Executive Classic can be used for homes with higher values than $500,000 or $1,000,000, respectively. For $250,000, the average homeowner can choose basic Executive home insurance. This policy costs $1,027 annually.
State Farm is open about its home coverage. You can access tools like a replacement cost estimator, a library of tutorials, and other information about insurance. Online, you can obtain a detailed quote and estimate the cost of scheduled property insurance. You can also call a representative to speak with someone if you’d like to speak with someone about the appropriate level of coverage.
Allstate offers the greatest number of add-ons among all mobile insurance companies. You can also add coverage to HO-3 items such as business property, higher-value musical or sports equipment. The green improvement reimbursement pays for the replacement or repair of covered items by eco-friendly or more energy-efficient models. This is a great benefit for eco-conscious homeowners.
Auto-Owners was originally an automobile insurer, but now they also offer home, business and life insurance. Auto-Owners offers specialty coverages like equipment breakdown, service line coverage, and increased cost endorsement. This adds up to 25% of your coverage allowance in the event you are unable to rebuild or repair.
You may also be interested in other mobile home insurance policies
Mobile, Alabama homeowners have tornadoes, flooding, and hurricanes to be concerned about. Home insurance is optional unless you have mortgage coverage. However, it is a great way to safeguard your finances in the event of an unexpected such as a fire or burglary. There are several options for coverage that might be worth the additional cost:
- Flood insurance – Floods are not covered under your basic home insurance. Flood insurance cannot be purchased through all insurance companies. The FloodSmart program provides affordable coverage for those who have difficulty finding coverage.
- Personal property endorsements: The HO-3 limits the coverage you can get for electronics and jewelry. You will need to buy a personal property endorsement if you want coverage for more expensive items.
- Water backup: Damage to walls, floors and furniture can result from a backed up pipe or sewer. Water backup insurance covers the cost of the repairs so that you don’t have to worry about the expensive bill.
Mobile insurance discount for home
Start by getting a few quotes so you can compare rates and find the best Mobile, AL home insurance. Check out any discounts available before you decide on a provider. The following are some of the best discounts that you might be eligible for:
- Bundling: If your needs include car, life and home insurance, you can save money by purchasing all your insurance with one company.
- Military: Many veterans, active and retired military personnel often get a discount for their service.
- Claim-free: The more you delay filing a claim for home insurance, the greater the discount you could receive.
- Deductible: A way to save money when you don’t have to file homeowners insurance claims is to get a discount on the deductible for each year that there are no claims.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
There are many factors that go into choosing the best home insurance company. The price you pay will depend on personal information such as your location, the size of your house, and your zip code. Your budget, your coverage requirements and any discounts available will all play a role in choosing the best home insurance company.
What is the cost of mobile home insurance?
Mobile’s average home insurance premium is $1,942 per year for a home worth $250,000
How can I get cheap mobile home insurance?
Mobile home insurance is cheap if you shop around and get quotes from several companies. By taking advantage of discounts, you can lower your rates.