More Tennessee residents have a home than any other state, and most are in the $200K-$250K range. The average annual cost of homeowners insurance in Nashville for $250K dwelling coverage is $1.495
We compared top Nashville homeowners insurance companies to find the best affordable home insurance. We compared the top Nashville home insurance companies to find five that offer affordable rates.
Nashville’s best home insurance company
Here are five top-rated Nashville homeowners insurance companies that offer $250K coverage at affordable rates. These five companies were chosen based on high customer satisfaction scores based upon third-party reviews as well as superior financial strength. The rates of all home insurance companies are lower than the Nashville average for homeowners insurance.
Based on $250K of dwelling coverage, Erie is the lowest priced annual home insurance rate for Nashville residents. Erie’s base homeowners policy offers guaranteed replacement cost, which guarantees the repair of your home regardless if there is an increase in construction materials or inflation.
Erie offers multi-policy discounts up to 25% when you bundle home and auto insurance with one carrier. Nashville homeowners have the option to add optional coverages such as water backup, sump pump overflow, or service line protection to enhance their home’s protection and personalize their insurance policy. Erie home insurance products are not available in all 12 states. However, the company was ranked fourth by the J.D. Power 2020 U.S. Home Insurance Study, and is the sixth-largest homeowners insurance in Tennessee.
Nashville residents don’t all own a condo, single-family home, or townhome. Allstate provides insurance coverage for those who live in mobile homes or manufactured homes. This is in addition to the standard homeowners insurance policy. Additional coverage can be added to homeowners who house-share in order to protect their belongings against theft or damage from renters.
Allstate claims that wind, damage to other property, and accidental discharge or leakage of household systems are the three most costly claims in the Nashville area. Allstate homeowners insurance can cover these claims, although it may cost more. Allstate is Tennessee’s third-largest home insurance company and offers homeowners insurance at a very affordable price.
USAA offers homeowners insurance to Nashville residents, as well as other products, for those who have served in the military or their spouses. USAA also offers home sharing coverage, just like Allstate. Although Nashville and other parts of Tennessee are more susceptible to earthquakes than the rest, there were more than 300 in the past year. As part of their homeowners insurance, USAA offers earthquake coverage.
Although USAA is not available to military personnel and their families, it remains the fifth-largest home insurance company in Tennessee. USAA has the highest customer satisfaction score in the J.D. Power 2020 Home Insurance Study. However, it is not eligible for ranking due to restricted membership.
Nashville homeowners can modify their home insurance policy to include coverage for leaks from household appliances, equipment breakdown coverage, and water damage due to a backup of drains or sewers. Auto-Owners offers special personal property coverage which extends the basic coverage to include misplacement, loss, staining, and defacement.
There are many ways you can save on Nashville Auto-Owners Home Insurance. This will keep your homeowners rates low and your home safe. You can save on your home insurance by getting an automatic backup generator, a mortgage-free policy, and a water shut-off system.
Farmers is the seventh-largest home insurance company in Tennessee. It offers three customizable homeowner packages to Nashville residents. You can choose from the standard, enhanced, or premier packages. Each one has more features and higher coverage limits. Each home insurance package includes a claim forgiveness feature, cosmetic damage coverage, and declining deductibles.
Farmers agents can provide a personal insurance experience if you are looking for something more. Nashville homeowners have the ability to adjust their coverage levels and all Nashville home insurance products can be customized.
Nashville home insurance options
Although homeowners insurance is not required, it can be a great way of protecting your biggest asset. These coverages may be considered by Nashville residents. They are based on the crime statistics for vandalism and burglary, as well as the probability of severe storm events.
- Personal property: This coverage covers all of your personal property and also includes any claims for theft or vandalism. Talk to your agent about the coverage you have in place for a severe incident in which all of your belongings are destroyed.
- Hail and wind: Standard homeowners insurance policies cover hail and wind, as well as damage from tornadoes. This coverage is recommended to protect your home, belongings and family from severe weather events such as tornadoes.
- Flood insurance: Although flood coverage is not available in homeowners insurance policies, many insurance companies offer separate flood policies to protect against this loss. A quote can be obtained directly from the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Backup of sewers or drains: This optional coverage is available to homeowners in Nashville to protect against damage from sewer backflows.
- Sinkhole coverage: Tennessee is a top state for sinkhole damage. This optional coverage can be included in your Nashville home insurance policy to provide coverage for your belongings and home in the event of a sinkhole.
Nashville Home Insurance Discounts
Nashville insurance companies offer discounts that can help you save money on homeowners insurance. These discounts can be combined to lower your rates and ensure you have the right coverage.
- An early quote: Most home insurance companies offer a discount for customers who shop for homeowners insurance coverage prior to their current policy expires.
- Multi-policy discount: Nashville homeowners often get the biggest percentage discount on their home insurance. They can also lower the cost of auto and home insurance by joining the same company.
- Security and safety devices: You can save money on homeowners insurance if your home is more secure. You can have deadbolts, fire alarms, and centrally monitored burglary and fire alarms as well as smart home features.
- You can save more on homeowners insurance if you don’t file a claim.
Nashville homeowners have many insurance discounts available to them to help get low rates. Home insurance companies offer additional discounts for homeowners who pay in full, go paperless, have a green home, and are new homeowners.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
When searching for the best Tennessee home insurance company, Nashville homeowners should take into consideration coverage options, discount options and company financial strength. Every homeowner’s needs are different, so finding the right home insurance company for you is important.
What is the cost of Nashville home insurance?
For $250K of dwelling coverage, the average cost of homeowners insurance in Nashville was $1,495 annually. Your claims history, zip code and coverage needs will all affect your rate.
What amount of Nashville home insurance do you need?
The amount of homeowners insurance you need depends on the value of your home and other coverage requirements. Talk to your agent about the coverage that you need to protect your Nashville house.