Riverside, California has a population of 330,000 people, with 55% owning a home. Although Riverside home insurance is not required by law, many Riverside homeowners opt to purchase a policy to provide legal and financial protection. For a policy covering $250,000 of dwelling coverage, the average annual cost for home insurance is $1,088.
Riverside has many companies that offer home insurance. We researched Riverside to find the best homeowners’ insurance. We used criteria such as price, coverage options, and discounts.
The best home insurance Riverside
Below is a list of Riverside’s best affordable home insurance. These providers offer low premiums (as determined from 2021 rate data), excellent financial strength, and reliable coverage.
USAA has great ratings from J.D. Power. USAA coverage is only available to active-duty or retired military service members. USAA provides earthquake coverage for all policies and also covers active or deployed military uniforms. The company also offers discounts to help you avoid claims, bundle your auto and home insurance policies, and have a home security system.
Mercury, a Los Angeles-based insurer, understands the unique risks associated with owning a California home. With an average annual premium $583, the policies are affordable. Mercury offers a limited range of home insurance coverage, but it does offer discounts that could help you get a better rate. Mercury offers discounts when you insure a new house, bundle your policies, live in a gated community and have your home built with fire-resistant materials.
Progressive is known for its affordability and generous discounts. Riverside homeowners pay $640 annually for $250,000 of dwelling coverage. discounts may be available to insure a new house, pay your annual premium in full and get a quote in advance. You can also bundle your auto and home insurance policies and take advantage of other benefits. Progressive does not offer coverage options. However, you can add personal injury or water backup coverage to your policy for an additional cost.
Riverside homeowners can choose Travelers to insure their home with customized policies that include endorsements. You can purchase contents replacement cost coverage, green house coverage, water backup/sump pumps coverage, valuable item coverage, and many other options. You can also get some savings from Travelers, including claims-free, LEED-certified homes, and bundling home and auto insurance.
All over the country
Although Nationwide is not the most affordable home insurance company, you still get what you pay. Nationwide offers many endorsements including flood insurance, earthquake insurance, credit card coverage, credit card coverage, credit cards coverage, credit repair coverage, and more. There are also a number of home insurance discount options. Saving money can be achieved by not having to file claims, living in a gated community and insuring newly bought homes.
Riverside home insurance options
Except for a mortgage, homeowners insurance is not usually required. In any case, home insurance can be a wise investment. You are financially responsible for the repair or rebuilding of your home after a major loss without home insurance. Here are some coverage options that you might want to consider:
- Earthquake insurance. A basic home policy does not usually cover earthquake damage. It is therefore important to have separate earthquake insurance. It is important to have sufficient earthquake insurance to cover the replacement cost of your home.
- Flood insurance: A standard home insurance policy does not cover flood damage. This policy is particularly valuable because Riverside is near the Santa Ana River. Flood insurance can be purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program, which is backed FEMA.
- Water backup/sump pumps coverage: This optional policy is offered by many insurance companies. This coverage will cover damages to your sump pump or sewer if there is a water backup.
Riverside home insurance discounts
Home insurance discounts are a great way of lowering your premium. These are the top home insurance discounts available in Riverside
- You might qualify for a discount if you just bought a house or a new home.
- Full discount for homeowners who pay their annual premium in full upfront, instead of in monthly installments.
- Some insurance companies offer a discount for renovations.
- Discount on Claims: This discount is generally available to homeowners who haven’t filed any insurance claims in the past few years.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
There are many best home insurer options. It all depends on where you live, how much coverage you require, your budget, and what discounts you are eligible for. It is a smart idea to compare quotes before you purchase home insurance.
What is the cost of Riverside home insurance?
Riverside’s average home insurance premium is $188 per year for policies with $250,000 of dwelling coverage. Your premium will be affected by factors such as your ZIP code, credit score and claims history, the age and size of your home, and your ZIP code.