Even if you have a clean driving record it can be difficult to get cheap car insurance. In fact, many insurers will turn down drivers with tickets or violations. In most states, you must have at least one form of auto insurance in order to be legally able to drive. This applies regardless of your driving record or the high premiums.
There are insurance companies that specialize in high-risk drivers and offer coverage options that may not be available from other insurers. If you need comprehensive car insurance but have a poor driving record, Bristol West is a provider worth looking into.
Bristol West, a part of Farmers Insurance Company was once known as Foremost Insurance. It has been in operation since 1973. It was originally established as an automobile insurance company for residents of Florida. Now, it is available in 42 states. Farmers is one of the most popular auto insurance companies in America. It has a market share that averages 2.92 percent. They have underwritten more than $20 billion worth policies. Fortune magazine also named Farmers one of the best companies to work at in 2020.
Bristol West Car Insurance
Although Bristol West is a smaller company than other providers of car insurance, it has access to more resources than many businesses twice its size. This allows the company to offer affordable auto insurance to all drivers, even those who have been in an accident, DUI, or had poor credit.
Different types of coverage
These are some of the most sought-after coverage options in Bristol West:
- Liability insurance. is the minimum required insurance for all drivers in most states. This type of coverage pays for damages and injuries if you’re at fault for an accident.
- Comprehensive insurance: This policy protects you against unforeseeable events that could damage your vehicle such as theft or vandalism.
- Collision insurance: This coverage pays for damages caused by a collision between your vehicle and another vehicle.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: if you suffer damages caused by another vehicle with an uninsured driver, this option ensures your expenses are covered.
- Rental reimbursement: Bristol West says it will reimburse upto $50 per day for any covered damage to your vehicle.
- Towing and Roadside Assistance: This coverage covers unexpected expenses related to vehicle breakdowns, such as the need to have it tow to a mechanic.
- Injuries in car accidents: Depending on your coverage, Bristol West may pay up to $10,000 for medical expenses.
Bristol West is well-known for its affordable pricing, regardless of credit history or driving record. The company offers surprising discounts that are normally only available to larger insurance companies. The following discounts are available to eligible customers. They can save hundreds annually.
- Homeowner Discount
- Permanent Insurance Discount
- Accident Forgiveness
- Multi-Policy Discount
- Multi-Car Discount
- Driving Course Discount
- Students who are good students get a discount
- Safe Driver Discount
- Paperless Discount
- Secure Vehicle Discount
- Dynamite Deductible Program
Review, Satisfaction, Complaints and Ratings for Bristol West
|AM Best||A- (Excellent)|
JD Power, a leading data analytics company for consumer intelligence, has not rated Bristol West, but Farmers Insurance, its parent company, ranked 12 of 17 providers in the 2020 Auto Insurance Satisfaction Study.
The Better Business Bureau page for Bristol West Insurance lists 189 closed complaints over the last twelve months and 658 complaints over the past three-years. The one-and-a half stars out of 5 for Bristol West suggest that they have a lower customer service rating. The same goes for Bristol West’s consumer complaints index. 1 is the average ratio of complaints and lower numbers indicate fewer complaints. Remember that high-risk insurance companies often receive lower reviews and customer satisfaction scores.
Bristol West’s customer satisfaction is lacking, but it makes up for this with its financial strength. AM Best has given the company an A- rating (Excellent) so policyholders can expect prompt payment of their claims.
Why Bristol West is a great choice
If you are viewed as a high-risk driver, it can put you at disadvantage when purchasing auto insurance. Many companies will refuse to insure high-risk drivers, or charge exorbitant premiums to protect against financial risk. Bristol West, a service provider that offers insurance for such drivers, is an excellent alternative.
The company does not claim to offer the lowest rates but rates are often significantly lower than those offered by big-name insurance companies for people with a history of DUI, accidents, or other violations. You can also get an SR-22 form filed on your behalf by the company to allow you to drive again after a DUI conviction.
Bristol West has local agents available in every state to provide personalized customer service. Its website allows you to get quotes, view your insurance ID, report and view claims and find an agent and broker. You can also make payments. There are many payment options available, including direct deposit, money transfer, and debit and credit card payments. You may find lower rates elsewhere if you’re not a high risk driver. These are the main benefits and drawbacks to this provider.
|Competitive rates for high-risk drivers|
Optional SR-22 filing
Agents in the local area
There are many online payment options and tools available.
There are many discounts available
|More complaints than average|
This might not be the right choice for drivers with clean records.
Bristol West offers additional policies
In addition to the standard coverage options, Bristol West offers policyholders the option of adding-ons such as:
- Permissive User Coverage: provides the same protection you give to an authorized driver of your car.
- Rental car coverage offers the same protection as a personal vehicle but without your car.
- Ridershare coverage: covers you and your car if you’re a rideshare driver like Uber or Lyft.
- GAP Insurance: covers the loan amount for a stolen or totaled vehicle.
- Trailer damage coverage: Up to $500 of liability coverage for your trailer that is attached to an insurance car.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best auto insurer?
Insurance needs are different for each person. Therefore, choosing the right insurance company depends on your specific circumstances and coverage requirements. Although there are many auto insurance agencies, rates can vary depending on where you live, what type of vehicle, your credit score, and other factors.
What can I do to save money on insurance for a high-risk driver like me?
A low driving record can lead to insurance being declined. High premiums are also common after a violation. There are insurance companies that offer coverage options for high risk drivers. The best way to reduce your premium is to use discounts and drive safely.
Where can I find an SR-22 form
After a serious traffic offense, such as a DUI conviction, you will need to show that you have enough insurance coverage to allow you to drive again. Auto insurance companies usually offer this certification (called SR-22). You can get this certification from an auto insurance company if your current insurer does not offer it.