What factors influence your car insurance other than your car?
To determine the cost of car insurance, many factors go into the premium amount, not just the make and model of the vehicle. Other than your car, here are other considerations used:
- Your age
- Your gender
- Your marital status
- Where you live
- Your driving record
- Household driving records
- How often you drive
- Your credit (not in all states)
- Coverage choices
- Available discounts
Because these will affect your rate, and because each insurance provider evaluates things differently, the average cost of insurance on vehicle type and the rates you receive will be different from each insurer.
How can you save money on Jeep Wrangler car insurance?
Here are a few ways you can save money on your auto insurance when insuring a Jeep Wrangler:
- Be a cautious driver: Jeep Wrangler drivers with the cleanest driving records will save the most money over drivers with accidents and tickets on their records.
- Get quotes before you buy: Before you purchase a car, find the model you are looking for and get quotes to see which company and features offer the best value.
- Trim packages: Different trim packages can change the value of the Wrangler, which can affect insurance premiums. Additional safety features will save you money, while packages that only increase the value could increase insurance costs.
- Ask about discounts: Some discounts, like safety features, are automatically discounted when the VIN of the vehicle is entered. But other discounts, like good student or professional affiliations, are not.
- Fuel type: Generally speaking, gas powered vehicles are cheaper to insure than diesel or electric, though some companies offer discounts for electric or hybrid vehicles.
- Coverage: Full coverage is more expensive, but it provides more financial protection if the Wrangler is in an accident. Get quotes to find the insurance company offering the best coverage for the cheapest price.
Frequently asked questions
Why is insurance less for a Jeep Wrangler?
The model and trim package, safety features and type of vehicle (compact SUV) all factor into why the Jeep Wrangler is less expensive to insure, on average. Some model years also have higher insurance premiums, so getting a quote for insurance before you buy is one way to find which model year could cost less to insure.
Why do some cars cost more to insure than others?
Insurance companies are all about risk. Crash test ratings, safety features, engine size and horsepower, all factor into base insurance premiums for each type of car. This is why high-performance sports cars tend to be more expensive to insure than other makes and models.
How do I know which year, model and trim package to choose for a Jeep Wrangler?
Research safety features and crash test ratings to determine which is the safest. Choose a few years, models and trim package options to get quotes to help you decide which is the best value for auto insurance coverage.
Should I get full coverage or liability only?
If you finance or lease the Wrangler, you may be required by the lender to purchase full coverage. Comprehensive and collision, which are included in full coverage car insurance, provides physical damage coverage if your Jeep Wrangler is damaged, no matter who is at fault. If you are able to repair or replace your Jeep after being in an accident, you may only need liability insurance.