The average cost of full coverage car insurance in the United States is $1,674, based on a Toyota Camry 2019. Each driver will pay a different insurance rate depending on their driving record, state and make of their car.
For a Mazda Miata, the average cost of car insurance is $1,588 per year for full coverage, according to Bankrate’s 2021 study of quoted annual premiums. Bankrate analyzed the quoted premiums for a Mazda MX-5 with the Miata trim package, commonly called a “Mazda Miata”, from several of the largest companies. It identified many factors that could impact the cost of Miata insurance.
What is the cost of insurance on a Mazda Miata
The national average cost for car insurance is $1674 per annum. However, other factors such as your vehicle’s make or model can impact your car insurance rate. Every car insurance company has a different rate for every make and model. These are the top factors that can affect the price of Mazda Miata car insurance among different insurers.
- Prices of parts: Mazda Miata parts are relatively affordable. Most components don’t need to be imported. This can help reduce costs in the case of a claim. According to Edmunds, Miata owners will spend an average of $631 on repairs over the first five years of ownership.
- Safety features: The Miata comes standard with a variety of safety features, including smart city brake support and lane departure alerts. These features may reduce the likelihood of an accident. This could help explain the lower than average insurance rates.
Mazda Miata insurance
An average Mazda Miata annual insurance policy costs $1,588 for full coverage and $442 for minimum coverage. Keep in mind that every driver’s rates will be different due to their individual circumstances. These rates are useful for comparison purposes, but they may not be the best.
Mazda Miata insurance is less expensive than the national average rate based on annual premiums. The low cost of repairs, the lack of specialty parts, and advanced safety features of the Mazda Miata could explain this. These rates are applicable to the Miata MX-5 base model. Insurance may be more costly if you buy a Miata Club or Grand Touring model.
Mazda Miatas: The cheapest car insurance
If you are looking for affordable Mazda Miata insurance, the rates vary among Bankrate’s reviewed best car insurance companies, which include Amica, Erie, Geico, State Farm and USAA. These providers may have the lowest rates, based upon our sample driver profile. However, your actual quote will depend on your driving history and other factors.
Model-specific average annual premium
Mazda Miata features that can impact insurance costs
Mazda Miatas of the newer model year are equipped with excellent safety features. Insurance premiums can be reduced depending on which insurer you choose, as these features lower the severity and risk of vehicle theft and collisions. Here’s a list with Mazda Miata features that could positively impact car insurance costs for this model.
- i-Activsense safety technology. The brand’s signature safety package includes adaptive headlights and high beam control.
- Airbags: The Miata features advanced airbag technology with front and side impact airbags as well as seatbelt pretensioners which automatically tighten in the event of a collision.
- Anti-lock brakes. Anti-lock brakes, a fairly common safety feature, allow the vehicle’s wheels spin more efficiently when turning and reduce the chance of the wheels slipping or sliding.
Additional car insurance coverages for the Mazda Miata
Mazda Miata owners must have minimum car insurance in all 50 states. This typically includes personal liability and personal injury protection (PIP), if you are in a no-fault state. Without the proper amount of insurance, you could lose your license.
Many drivers opt to buy additional coverage to increase their financial protection. A full coverage policy will include collision and comprehensive coverage. This covers your vehicle’s repair costs after you have been covered for a covered incident. You can also add optional endorsements like accident forgiveness which prevents your rate from rising after your first accident and new car replacement which reimburses you for all the cost of a comparable Miata in case yours is totaled.
If you lease or finance your Miata, another coverage to consider is gap insurance. Gap insurance is a way to pay the difference between the car’s diminished worth and the loan balance if your vehicle is totaled. Sometimes, this coverage can be purchased through your lender.