The average annual cost for Pennsylvania’s nearly 9 million drivers is $427 for minimum coverage, and $1,476 to insure full coverage. Finding the best car insurance could also mean finding the lowest car insurance. According to Bankrate’s research, Penn National and Geico have the lowest average rates for full coverage and minimum coverage.
These top picks for Pennsylvania’s cheapest car insurance for 2021 offer lower rates than the average and many coverage options to protect you, your family and vehicle.
Pennsylvania has the cheapest car insurance
Pennsylvania offers many great choices for affordable car insurance coverage, but pricing can vary considerably by provider. Bankrate compared quotes and reviewed customer reviews to help you choose the most affordable car insurance in Pennsylvania.
Penn National is a great choice for Pennsylvania drivers who are looking for convenience. Auto PennPac is a bundle of auto insurance coverages that includes pet insurance, death benefits and a seatbelt and restraint benefit. Penn National offers additional coverages, such as towing, labor, travel interruption and airbag replacement.
In addition to the identity theft protection and 24/7 assistance, replacement cost auto coverage is available. You can bundle your auto insurance policy and homeowners insurance, renters insurance, or condo insurance with the company to get a number of discounts.
All over the country
For many reasons, Nationwide may be a good choice in Pennsylvania. You can trust it to work with drivers with poor credit. There are also local agents who will be able to assist you if needed. There are many coverage options available, including roadside assistance and rental car insurance.
Nationwide also offers Accident forgiveness (r) and a Vanishing Depositible(r), which can be up to $500 off your policy. Mobile tools make it easy to access your policy and file claims from anywhere.
QBE offers the possibility to add coverage for transportation expenses as well as towing, labor protection and audio/visual equipment. QBE may offer some of the lowest car insurance rates for drivers in Pennsylvania, depending on their circumstances.
FlexAuto(r), which uses regular reviews of your driving habits, offers additional savings on your premium. You can also save with QBE by getting discounts for safety equipment, students, and a clean driving record through its Accident Forgiveness program.
Geico is more than just one of the biggest car insurance companies in America. Geico has one of our lowest rates in Pennsylvania with an average annual rate of $267 for minimum coverage or $916 for complete coverage.
Geico offers many discounts and add-ons. Geico offers drivers the chance to enjoy a digital experience through its mobile app.
Auto-Owners Insurance offers fantastic coverage options that include personal injury protection (PIP), emergency roadside assistance, rental car insurance and gap insurance to help ensure drivers are fully protected.
Drivers also get the convenience of the Personal Automobile Plus Package, an all-in-one bundle that adds more than ten types to their already-stacked policy. There is no deductible if you are involved in an auto accident with another Auto Owners policyholder.
Pennsylvania drivers must have minimum coverage
It is essential to understand your needs before you start shopping for car insurance. Like other states, Pennsylvania has a mandatory requirement that drivers carry a minimum amount of auto insurance.
The state requires all drivers to have minimum liability coverage, which includes the following:
- $15,000 per person for bodily injury liability
- $30,000 per accident for bodily injury liability
- $5,000 per accident for property damage
- $5,000 per person to receive the first-party medical benefits
While you will be able to drive legally with the minimum amount of car insurance required, you might want to consider collision or comprehensive coverage to protect your financials in the event of an accident.
How to Get Cheap Pennsylvania Car Insurance
There are many ways to lower your car insurance premiums, other than looking for companies with lower average rates.
- Compare all options. To get the best rates, it is worth shopping around. You may find car insurance companies that offer lower rates than the ones on this list. Talk to an agent from the company you are interested to find out what coverage you need.
- Don’t forget about your local and regional insurers. Don’t assume that the biggest-name companies will be the best or cheapest. Sometimes smaller local companies can offer lower premiums and higher satisfaction ratings.
- Your credit score is important. Pennsylvania insurance companies are permitted to use your credit score for insurance scoring. This could impact your initial premium and company’s decision to offer insurance. Insurance companies may use your insurance score to lower your rates during policy renewals. Before you shop for insurance, it might be worthwhile to assess your credit score. Talk to a financial professional if you think your credit score could be higher.
- Do your research before you buy a car. In order to estimate the cost of repairs or replacements, insurance companies will examine what kind of vehicle you have. Do your research to find out which cars are cheaper to insure if you’re looking to buy a car. Although new cars can be more expensive to insure than older ones, this is not always true.
Talk to an independent licensed insurance agent if you’re looking for the best car insurance at a low price. They might be able talk through your options with you and give tips on how to get the best price.
Questions frequently asked
Which Pennsylvania insurance policy is best?
The best Pennsylvania car insurance depends on what kind of coverage you need for your specific vehicle and what your preferences are for a company regarding customer satisfaction and financial strength. Geico and Nationwide have the best customer satisfaction ratings, as well as the lowest car insurance rates. To get the best rates, it is a good idea to get quotes from several companies.
Are car insurance requirements in Pennsylvania?
Yes. If you are a driver in the state of Pennsylvania, you must carry a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident in bodily injury liability coverage, $5,000 in first-party medical benefits, and $5,000 in property damage liability coverage. Minimum coverage for underinsured motorists is $15,000 per individual and $30,000 per incident, while coverage for uninsured motorists is $15,000 per individual and $30,000 each accident.
What is the average cost for car insurance in the United States?
The average cost of car insurance in the U.S. is $1,674 per year for minimum coverage, which is much more than the average cost of Pennsylvania car insurance, which runs $1,476 per year.