Direct General Group began selling car insurance policies back in 1991. They are committed to helping all drivers get insurance, regardless of their driving record. Direct General Group is less than 30 years old but has established itself as an insurance provider that can be trusted by all drivers. Direct car insurance is available to those with a history of making auto claims.
The Direct General Group also offers car insurance and renters insurance. It also offers motorcycle, term, and commercial auto insurance. Memberships are available for its roadside assistance and vehicle protection plans. It offers policies in 11 states, most of which are located in the south.
Direct Auto insurance
Direct Auto offers additional options to standard liability and full coverage protection.
- Accidental Death Coverage: This option pays $5,000 to the beneficiaries of the decedent.
- Rental reimbursement – This covers the rental cost of a car for customers who are unable to drive after an accident.
- Roadside assistance – Customers who purchase this coverage receive 24 hour emergency towing, gas delivery and jump start for dead batteries, mechanical assistance through Direct Auto’s roadside technicians, lockout service, and a concierge who will provide maps and routes for road trips.
- Towing – This benefit is included in full-coverage premiums and covers towing costs up to the limit in the plan for vehicles that are disabled due to an accident or mechanical failure.
Cost of direct auto insurance
Direct Auto car insurance can be quite costly, especially when compared to the national average. Direct Auto’s minimum coverage costs drivers $1,034 annually, while full coverage costs $2,591. The national average cost for minimum coverage is $563 per year, while the national average annual cost for full coverage is $1,738. Visit our Average Car Insurance article to find out the cost of car insurance.
|Direct Auto Minimum Coverage: Average Annual Premium||Direct Auto Average Annual Premium For Full Coverage|
Direct Insurance offers discounts such as:
- Excellent student: Customers who are on the Dean’s List or have a grade of B in their high school or college coursework can get a 10% discount.
- Safe driver: Customers who have been in an accident-free period of 36 months and have not committed any moving violations are eligible for a 10% discount.
- Senior citizen: People 55 years and older may receive a 5% discount on their coverage. However, qualifications will vary from one state to the next.
- Multi-car : Households who insure more than one vehicle with Direct Auto may be eligible for a discount up to 25%
- Policy renewal Direct Auto offers a 20% discount on the next policy for drivers who renew their policies within 7-10 days of the expiration date.
- Welcoming back Direct Auto offers a 6% discount to its customers who have been with Direct Auto for more than six months and live in an area that allows the discount.
Direct Auto Renters Insurance
Direct Auto also offers renters insurance policies that protect your personal property from loss or damage. The following coverage is included in every policy:
- Personal property – Your renters insurance will pay for the replacement of personal items damaged or destroyed due to a covered event.
- Personal liability: This coverage covers you in the event that someone is injured at your house. It also covers you in the event that you cause injury to another person or cause damage to other property.
- Temporary living expenses If you’re unable to move in after a fire, flood or other natural disaster, temporary living expenses will cover your hotel and food bills until you can return in.
Direct Auto does not offer discounts for renters insurance. Renters insurance is one of the most affordable types. Even without a discount, your rate will still be affordable. Ask a representative for details about any discounts not yet advertised.
Direct Auto customer ratings and reviews
Direct auto insurance reviews are very limited as it is a relatively new company and is only available in a few states. The reviews it does have are excellent.
We compared ratings from AM Best (BBB) and Direct Auto to better understand customers’ opinions. AM Best’s rating reflects financial strength while the BBB reveals customer satisfaction. Check out the Bankrate’s Top Car Insurance Companies to see how Direct Auto compares to other companies.
According to results from the BBB customers most frequently complain about the slow response time from the Direct Auto Insurance customer support team. Direct Auto’s response time was slow. Many customers complained that it took them up to two weeks for someone to contact them.
|Better Business Bureau||A+|
Direct Auto: Why it is a great choice
Direct Auto offers many discounts, making it a tempting option for auto insurance. Direct Auto is one of few insurance companies that offers discounts to customers who renew their policies and return to the company. Direct Auto is a great option for high-risk drivers with poor credit history or poor driving records who are having difficulty getting affordable insurance.
Direct Auto offers additional policies
You can also get a Direct Auto Insurance Quote for motorcycles, Mexico auto insurance, commercial auto insurance, Mexico car insurance, renters insurance, and supplemental health insurance. Customers can get discounts if they combine multiple policies.
Questions frequently asked
What information do I need in order to get a Direct Auto Insurance Quote?
Direct Auto Insurance quotes will require vehicle information, such as make, model, purpose of use, and name of creditor, if you are still making payments. Your driver’s license and details about any moving violations or accidents, such as the date and cause of the incident, your personal information, including your mailing address, where your vehicle is garaged or parked, and what kind of coverage you are looking for (full or liability), will be required.
How do I file an Auto Insurance Direct claim?
Call Direct Auto immediately after an accident at 1-800-403-1077, and choose option 2.
How can I check the status of a claim
Select option 3 when you call Direct Auto at 1-800-403-1077
Is Direct Auto developing a mobile app for their customers?
They don’t, and unlike other major carriers, they don’t currently have one. You can visit their website to file a claim, or call them for more information about their policies.
What states has Direct Auto?
Direct Auto policies are available in Alabama and Arkansas, Florida. Georgia. Mississippi. North Carolina. South Carolina. Ohio. Tennessee. Texas.