Great Florida Insurance is an independent franchise network of insurance agents. The company sells insurance products through partners like Progressive, Foremost and Dairyland. Great Florida does NOT offer or underwrite any of its own insurance policies. The company has 126 offices throughout Florida and offers a range of policies including auto and home insurance.
Great Florida car insurance
Great Florida insurance offers popular car insurance policies through participating providers. Your location, budget and desired coverage will determine the best insurance company . Great Florida agents can help you choose the right carrier for your needs. High-risk drivers may also be able to find SR-22 insurance through a Great Florida agency.
Types of coverage
The underwriting insurance company determines the type of coverage that Great Florida offers. These are the most sought-after car insurance policies in Florida.
- Full coverage: In Florida, full coverage insurance policies include collision, comprehensive, liability, medical payments, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection (PIP) coverage.
- Roadside Assistance: This assistance covers towing, fuel delivery and battery replacement. It also includes extrication and locksmith services.
- Gap insurance. gap insurance covers leased and financed cars. Gap insurance pays the difference between the vehicle’s value and remaining loan balance if a car is lost or damaged.
- Rental car coverage: In the event that a car is damaged or destroyed by a covered accident, rental car reimbursement will cover alternative transportation.
Insurance discounts in Florida are great, but it all depends on the underwriting company. These are some of the most popular Florida car insurance discounts:
- No claims discount: Drivers with no insurance claims in the past few years can often get a lower rate on their policy.
- Multi-policy Discount: Drivers who combine an auto- and home-insurance policy with the same company receive a lower rate.
- Safety equipment Discount: Many cars with anti-theft, anti-lock brakes or airbags are eligible for a discount.
Great Florida home insurance
Great Florida Home Insurance is sold via a network of regional and local providers. Great Florida offers home insurance policies that are affordable and hassle-free, according to their website. Great Florida Insurance has online information about hurricane coverage, windstorm deducts, and other pertinent information for Florida homeowners.
Types of coverage
Florida insurance offers a variety of coverage options, depending on who is the underwriter. These are the most popular policies in Florida:
- Standard coverage: Home insurance policies usually include coverage for dwelling, personal property and medical payments.
- Personal property insurance coverage: This policy reimburses homeowners for personal property that has been damaged or destroyed at their original value.
- Water Backup Coverage: Water Backup coverage covers water damage caused by water leakage or burst pipes.
- Ordinance coverage. Ordinance coverage will cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding a home in accordance with local building codes or ordinances.
These are some discounts that Great Florida’s partners may offer:
- Homeowners who buy new or renovated homes often get a discount.
- Discount for gated communities: Homes located in gated communities often get a discount on their insurance.
- No Claims Discount: Homeowners with no insurance claims in the past can receive a lower premium.
- Security system discount Homes with an anti-theft/security system will usually receive a lower rate.
Great Florida: Reasons to Choose It
Great Florida is an option for Florida residents that aren’t sure what type of insurance provider they should choose. An agent can help potential customers find the best policy and the most affordable price because the company offers insurance through a network. This eliminates the need to spend hours researching and comparing providers.
Great Florida does have its downsides. To get a quote, make a claim or update their policy, customers must work with an agent. This company does not have many digital tools like calculators and online quotes that bigger insurance companies do. The company’s limited coverage is another problem. Great Florida is an insurance company that only offers coverage in Florida.
Independent agents can also be a disadvantage because they may not have a deep understanding of the policies they are selling. Customers should be aware that smaller insurance companies are less well-known than larger ones, and can therefore have lower prices and fewer coverage options.
Great Florida reviews, ratings, customer satisfaction, and complaints
Great Florida Insurance doesn’t have many reviews. J.D. has not rated the company. J.D. Power, AM Best, or the National Association of Insurance Commissioners is not rating this company. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has rated some Great Florida franchise offices. Prospective customers can check the rating of their local office to find out what other customers think.
Great Florida also offers additional policies
Great Florida also offers many other insurance products such as:
- Boat insurance
- Insurance for motorcycles
- Renters insurance
- Insurance for commercial purposes
- Umbrella insurance
- Flood insurance
Questions frequently asked
What are the steps to obtain a Great Florida quote?
Great Florida Insurance will provide a quote. To do this, you must locate an agent in the area. Agents will need your name, address, social security number, and contact information. The home insurance will ask about the house’s size, condition, year of construction, and any special features, such as a pool. Car insurance will require you to provide your VIN number, make, year, and model, along with the mileage. You will be asked what coverage you require and how much.
How can I file a claim for Great Florida?
An agent must be contacted by customers to file a claim. The agent will ask you for your policy number, details of the incident, evidence of damage, and the police report (if one was received). The agent will also ask you to provide information about any other parties involved in the claim.