Is Your Auto Adequately Insured If You Drive In Lincoln, Nebraska?


What would you do in a car accident? Or worse, if your vehicle was totaled? What would you do if your car stopped working? Is there public transportation that stops near your home to take you to the places you need? Or would you have to pay for a taxi if your car isn’t working?

You could find yourself in serious financial trouble if your current auto insurance policy is not sufficient to cover any accident you may be involved in. Your pocket could be emptied of the cost for repairs to your car, the vehicle of another party, and transportation costs during the “rehabilitation”. Our Insurance Agency in Lincoln, Nebraska can answer a wide range of questions daily from drivers concerned; you can ask your agent.

There are many types of auto coverage. But, it is worth remembering what you already have. The insured is legally responsible for any damage beyond a certain dollar amount. There are two types of liability insurance: Combined Single Limit or Split Limit. A combined single limit places a dollar limit on bodily injury and property damage. Split limit fixes a separate dollar limit for property damage and bodily injuries, so each claim would be paid separately. You must also have liability insurance in order to drive legally.

ALSO READ  Do I Need Medigap Insurance?

Collision insurance is another type of car insurance. Collision insurance covers the insured for damage to their vehicle, or in the event that the vehicle is unrepairable, the insured gets the cash value. This type of insurance can be optional but it could prove costly for the insured. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, and it is found to be your fault, the only coverage you have would be liability. You’d need to pay for a replacement vehicle.

As a car owner you should also seriously consider obtaining Comprehensive and Uninsured/Underinsured insurance. Comprehensive insurance protects you against damage to your vehicle that is not caused by a collision. You can be covered for anything, from vandalism to fire to weather to theft. An Uninsured/Underinsured product will protect you if another at-fault party either does not have coverage or does not have enough insurance to cover the damage they caused to your property or to you.

The best way to find out if your vehicle is properly covered with your current auto insurance policy is to call your local insurance agent. To help you choose the right policy for you, your local agent will meet with you face-to-face to get to know you. Although you can always call 1-800 to get insurance, they will not be able give the personalized attention your local agent will.

ALSO READ  Massachusetts Auto Insurance Guide

Your local agent might be able sell you multiple policies for your vehicle after consulting with you. You will be able to keep your vehicle insured and safe, as well as more money in your pocket. It’s important to check if your vehicle is properly insured. You might also be able save money by calling your local insurance agent.