Ohio Mutual provides the coverage that homeowners and auto owners need in the United States, whether they live in the northeast or midwest. This insurance provider has been providing comprehensive coverage to residents for more than 100 years. Ohio Mutual is a top choice for anyone looking for coverage. It has a strong financial foundation, great customer service, and offers a wide range of unique coverage options.
Ohio Mutual car insurance
Ohio Mutual provides a wide range of coverage options for its auto insurance policyholders. The company offers affordable solutions at their base rates and many discounts that can be used to help customers save even further on their coverage.
Types of coverage
Ohio Mutual offers several options for auto insurance coverage.
- Liability coverage This coverage covers the minimum amount of bodily injury or property damage that is legally required in the state where you reside.
- Coverage for medical payments: This option covers your and/or any other persons involved in an accident.
- Property damage by an uninsured/underinsured motorist: This property damage coverage option will protect you if you are involved in an accident with an underinsured or uninsured driver.
- Towing and labor coverage: Also called roadside assistance, this coverage will allow drivers to get the help they need whenever they need it.
- Accidental Death Benefit: If you sign up for accidental death coverage during enrollment, your beneficiaries will be entitled to a death benefit.
- Ohio Mutual’s new vehicle insurance option: Policyholders can help protect the vehicle’s value with
- Higher limits coverage: Ohio Mutual offers increased coverage for vehicles with excessive sound-reproducing equipment.
- CDs and other media coverage: In the event that personal property such as CDs is damaged or destroyed in an accident, you will have the coverage to replace it.
Available discounts for Ohio Mutual auto insurance include:
- Get a Discount for Owning a Truck or SUV.
- Get a Discount on Your Policy if your vehicle has a qualified anti-theft device.
- Senior Driver Discount: Drivers over 60 who have successfully completed an approved motor vehicle accident prevention program are eligible for a special discount.
- Away to school and good student discounts: Students who provide consistent high grades or go to college will be eligible for a discount on their insurance policy.
- 4-Wheel antilock braking: If you have these brakes on your vehicle, you are eligible for a discount.
- Passive or active restraint devices: Drivers who have these devices in their cars can get a discount on their insurance.
- Multi-vehicle Policy: If Ohio Mutual insures more than one vehicle, you will receive a discount.
Ohio Mutual Home Insurance
Ohio Mutual can provide the insurance coverage that homeowners who live in certain areas of the northeast or midwest can need to protect their personal property. This provider provides a wide range of coverage options to meet the needs of each state while also ensuring affordability. Ohio Mutual offers homeowners insurance discounts that can help policyholders save even more.
Different types of coverage
Ohio Mutual provides the following coverage options for homeowners in Maine, New Hampshire and Ohio:
- Standard homeowners coverage: Ohio Mutual provides homeowners insurance coverage that covers damage from hail, windstorms and riots.
- Replacement Plus: Covers replacement costs for your contents, including personal items such as furniture and computers.
- Replacement guarantee to dwelling: If your home is damaged beyond repair, the replacement guarantee coverage will pay for the cost of replacing it.
- Earthquake coverage All damages to your home or property caused by an earthquake will be covered if your opt-in for earthquake insurance.
- Liability coverage This coverage provides protection for homeowners who rent out their permanent or seasonal home.
- Sewer backup & drains Your Ohio Mutual policy will pay for repairs if your home experiences sewage back up or problems with the main drain.
- Incidental business exposure: Remote workers or those who run businesses from their home can get the coverage they need through Ohio Mutual’s unique add-on option.
- Waterbed liability: You’ll be covered if your waterbed leaks or causes damage to your property or home.
- Inland Marine Coverage: This policy provides additional protection for your personal property, including jewelry, fine arts furs and guns.
Ohio Mutual offers discounts to homeowners for the following:
- Home with safety equipment: You’ll get a discount on your homeowner’s insurance policy if your home has qualifying equipment.
- Age of your home: Homeowners who live in a home less than 20 years will be eligible for a discount, as their home is considered to have a lower risk profile because it is older.
- Multi-policy You’ll get a discount if you bundle your home and auto insurance policies with Ohio Mutual.
- A new home or under construction: Ohio Mutual will offer a discount to homeowners who are building a new house. The home will have all the safety codes in place.
Ohio Mutual is a good option because of these reasons
Ohio Mutual is a great choice for families in the midwest or northeastern United States. The company offers many coverage options specific to each region. They also have great customer service and financial strength. This provider covers only Connecticut, Indiana and New Hampshire. It also covers Ohio, Rhode Island, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Rhode Island.
Ohio Mutual has one drawback. They do not offer specialty auto insurance for vehicles such as boats, motorcycles, and RVs. Some homeowners may find it difficult to get insurance policies for their mobile homes. Ohio Mutual might not be the best choice if you are looking for life, auto, and home insurance.
Ohio Mutual Ratings, Reviews, Customer Satisfaction & Complaints
J.D. Power has not yet rated Ohio Mutual. Although Ohio Mutual is not currently rated by J.D. Power, it does have strong ratings from AM Best and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) as well as the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. According to the company’s website, Ohio Mutual has an A rating from Am Best for financial strength. The company was also listed among the 50 best insurers in the nation by Ward Group for 2019-2020. Since October 2010, the company has been BBB accredited and has received an rating from the organization. A recent NAIC report about Ohio Mutual shows that the company has one of the lowest complaint indexes at 0.37 (the average national is 1).
|Better Business Bureau||A+|
Ohio Mutual also offers additional policies
- Farm Protection
- Business Protection
Most Frequently Asked Questions
What are the steps to obtain a quote from Ohio Mutual
Ohio Mutual doesn’t offer an online free quote like other insurance companies. Customers will need to call 800-686-3011 for a quote.
How can I file a claim against Ohio Mutual?
Ohio Mutual policyholders may file a claim by calling the 24-hour Loss Reporting Center at (888-895-7725) or visiting the 360access(r), available to existing policyholders online.