Progressive Renters Insurance policies can be purchased either through an affiliate called Progressive Home or a third-party company called Homesite. Renters policies for your apartment or home are available from Progressive Home, an affiliate. You can also check renters rates to find out if Progressive offers a multi-policy discount.
Information about Progressive renters insurance
Progressive acts as a broker for renters insurance. This agency works with two companies: Progressive Home (formerly known as American Strategic Insurance or ASI), and Homesite. Although you can purchase a renters policy online through Progressive, only one of these companies will administer it and pay any claims.
Progressive offers a 12% average discount on car insurance for renters who purchase their policy through its website.
Renters insurance for progressive renters
No matter which company you are insured with, your Progressive renters policy will usually include the following types of coverage:
- Personal property coverage to protect your possessions.
- Coverage for legal expenses and lawsuits.
- In the event of an injury to someone on your property, you can get medical payments coverage.
- If your home is being repaired due to a covered loss, you will be covered for temporary living expenses.
These two optional coverages can be added to your policy.
- Water damage caused by the backup of sump pumps or sewer systems.
- In the event of a lawsuit for slander, libel or other serious injury, you have personal injury coverage.
Progressive renters insurance discounts
The discount you receive will depend on where you live, which company you have insurance with, but it may include the following:
- Progressive Insurance offers a discount on your auto insurance
- Get a quote at the least three days before your policy goes into effect.
- Pay-in-full discount.
- Discount for Paperless
- If you live in a gated community, or your complex has security guards, there is a discount.
Progressive Home may allow you to have one deductible on both your auto and renters policies. If you have to file claims on the same incident under your renters and auto policies, you will only need one deductible. For example, a car breaking into that results in vehicle damage or theft.
Learn more about Progressive
Website:Progressive.com allows you to get an online quote for renters or auto insurance. Find answers to frequently asked questions about renters insurance and information about your policy. If you are looking to file renters claims, however, you will need to contact your insurer directly.
Insurance:Progressive offers the following types insurance policies and manages them:
Progressive can offer many types of policies through third-party providers. Progressive can provide quotes and allow you to purchase policies. You may also be eligible for a discount if certain policies are combined. Here are some types of insurance that Progressive partners can offer: