Secura Insurance, a Wisconsin-based company, was established in 1900. It provides coverage through independent agents in 12 US states: Arizona (Colorado), Illinois, Indiana and Iowa. It aims to make insurance authentic by encouraging its employees to be honest and trustworthy. The Secura Insurance Company could be a good choice if you’re looking for personal insurance.
Secura car insurance
Secura Insurance offers car insurance in a different way. Secura Insurance packages its insurance options, unlike the top car insurance carriers. Mile-Stone Secura’s home and car insurance package. The Mile-Stone package can be purchased in Mile Stone Basic or Gold. It has two options: a single payment and a shared deduct for auto and home insurance.
Types of coverage
- Milestone Basic: This package provides basic auto coverage, including liability insurance. It also includes pet protection up to $500 per pet.
- Milestone Gold: This package includes several endorsements, including roadside or travel assistance, expanded liability for golf carts to areas other than the golf course, a rental allowance of up $60 per day, gap coverage and auto loan/lease insurance.
Car insurance with Secura at a cost of $65
Bundling auto and home insurance can have its benefits. The Secura Insurance Company charges lower premiums than other car insurance companies. Minimum coverage insurance costs only $255 annually. The average annual premium for full coverage, which covers repairs and replacements of your vehicle, is $864. This premium is significantly lower than the average insurance cost in the United States which is $563/year for minimum coverage and $1738/year for full coverage.
|Average Annual Premium for Minimum Insurance||Average annual premium for full coverage|
Quadrant Information Services, 2020
Secura offers many discounts that can be tailored to fit the needs of policyholders. These discounts include:
- Hybrid car: hybrid vehicle drivers may be eligible for a Secura discount
- A good student: Drivers who are between 16 and 24 years old and enrolled full-time in school may be eligible for a discount, provided they have at least 3.0 GPA.
- Claim/violation-free: Avoiding traffic citations and accidents can earn you discounts over time.
- Select Pay: Whether you pay in full or set up electronic fund transfers (ETF), your insurance costs could be lower.
- Get a quote early: You can save on your policy if you get a quote prior to the effective date.
- Financial stability: Policyholders who have good credit may be eligible for additional savings.
- Valued policyholder This loyalty discount is available to all Secura Insurance Company customers who have been insured for at least one year.
Secura Home Insurance
Your lender will require you to have homeowners insurance if you have a monthly mortgage. All of the top homeowners insurance companies provide coverage for your house and contents. Secura’s premiums are affordable because it bundles home and auto insurance into two Milestone insurance bundles.
Types of coverage
- Milestone Basic: This package includes a home repair/replacement cost of 100%, coverage for sewer line backup up to $1,000, and coverage for higher-value items like firearms, jewelry, and furs at $2,000 to $2,500 per item.
- Milestone Gold: This package includes 125% of the limit on home repair or replacement, identity protection, and a $5,000 limit on sewer and drain line backup. It also offers $10,000 coverage for high-value items and an additional mortgage expense of $250 per monthly.
Secura also offers home discounts, just like their auto insurance. This helps policyholders to lower their premiums.
- Umbrella insurance: Adding an umbrella policy may qualify you for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Protective device. Properly maintained smoke alarms, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors can help you save money on your home insurance.
- A new credit for home: Homes that were built in the past 10 years could be eligible for this credit.
- Select Pay: You may be eligible for a discount if you pay your premiums electronically or in full.
- Early quote: Getting a quote before your policy effective date may qualify you for a discount.
- Financial stability Your homeowners insurance policy can be reduced by having a good credit rating.
- Valued Policyholder: Secura Insurance rewards loyal customers with lower premiums if you keep your relationship with the carrier.
Secura is a great option for you.
Secura is an excellent option for auto and home insurance. You can combine the policies into either a Mile-Stone Basic or an upgraded Mile-Stone Gold bundle, which offer many perks like higher limits, roadside assistance, and travel assistance.
Reviews, ratings, customer satisfaction, and complaints about Secura
Secura Insurance Company is a strong financial institution, and has been awarded an A by AM Best. When you’re looking at insurance companies, the grade is very important. In the event of an emergency that results in widespread losses, insurance companies with a strong financial position are more likely to be financially sound and be able pay claims.
Secura isn’t large enough or well-known enough for the J.D. Secura is not ranked in the J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Study, which covers car and home insurance. However, Secura’s customer complaint index comes out of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. Secura is well below the baseline rating of 1.0. Secura has a 0.27 rating which means it receives fewer complaints per year than the average.
Secura offers additional policies
Questions frequently asked
What are the steps to obtain a Secura quote?
To obtain a Secura Insurance quote, you must locate a local agent. Secura Insurance doesn’t offer an online quote. You will need to enter the name, date, and license numbers of each driver in your household.
How can I file a claim for Secura?
Secura Insurance offers four methods to file a claim: