The daily activity plan is an easy-to-follow step-by-step method to help you achieve your sales goals and build a compelling career in insurance. A diligent follower of a daily action plan is more likely to succeed as an insurance agent. Here is an example of a daily action plan.
1. Do the work. You are now self-employed so discipline must start with you. You must know your responsibilities and obligations in your job and be responsible for your actions at work.
2. Your thoughts should be organized. You should list all of the tasks you have to complete, both work-related and not. This helps you to plan your day and prepares your mind. You can do this by writing it down on a notepad or a small whiteboard that you can keep at your desk. This will allow you to list the items you have to do each day as well as the likely ones for the next days.
3. Your day’s activity should be determined. You can schedule your activities so that you are most productive and efficient. You can make your own time management plan.
4. Do your record-keeping. Keep track of the number of clients, frequency and time of calls as well as notes about client calls.
5. Get leads. You need to call 15 people per day to generate leads to replace inventory. Do not let laziness rule you.
6. Call at the right time. Don’t be tempted to call only at night. Although it is the most convenient time to call, there are many opportunities to call during the day.
7. Do your homework. Knowledge is power. Knowledge is power. Knowing the right information allows you to ask the right questions and gain the essential information that you require. You can take multiple online courses if you have the time. These courses will enhance your professional knowledge and help you grow professionally.
8. Send out marketing correspondences. Tip: Personalize your approach is the best. You can choose to forgo company affiliation and simply write your name in the return section. Envelopes that shout THIS IS A MARKETING LIST are not going to turn people off. Use your imagination. Sometimes people enjoy reading letters that aren’t too serious but still compelling.
9. Don’t be afraid to make those unwelcome phone calls. If people refuse to give you appointments, don’t get discouraged. Make this an opportunity for leads and ask for referrals. While some people might not be interested, others may. This is one way to get more leads and prospects.
10. Preparation for interviews. Research is key. Keep your information on hand. Don’t rely on the current data that you have. Instead, research what you should do for an interview.
11. Make appointments. In case you get lost, be prepared. You can also survey the area and get a feel for the area before you interview. Clients prefer to have their agents arrive early than later. It is also a good idea to prepare for your interview by getting there early.
12. Conduct the interview. Ask questions and present the product clearly. Close the interview by asking for referral leads. Make sure your client understands everything you have given them.
13. Send “thank you” notes. After your interview, send a thank-you card or letter. Avoid using generic phrases. Personal and sincere statements will be remembered more by people.
14. Update your list. Review your list at the end of each day and make any necessary updates for the following day.