Greenville, South Carolina has a homeownership ratio of 67.5% and an average home value of $183K. The need for cheap homeowners insurance is high due to the higher homeownership rate. This is easy to find in Greenville with an average premium rate of $945 per annual for $250K dwelling coverage.
Bankrate compared national and local insurance companies to help you choose the best. There are many options when it comes down to finding the best Greenville homeowners insurance.
Greenville’s best home insurance company
USAA, Allstate and ASI Progressive offer homeowners in Greenville many benefits. They are therefore worth considering. Bankrate reviewed the average rates and financial ratings as well as the J.D. Power 2020 U.S. Homeowners Insurance Study to find the most affordable and best-rated carriers.
|Insurance company for homeowners||Living in a $250K home, the average annual premium||J.D. J.D.|
USAA offers insurance products to veterans and current military personnel. Although the eligibility requirements are very strict, homeowners who meet them may be able to save a lot on their insurance. Bundling is a great way to save hundreds every year. You can choose from standard coverage options such as dwelling coverage, but you also have the option to add specialty coverages like earthquake protection.
Find out more about USAA Insurance Review
Greenville homeowners can get competitive rates and high customer satisfaction ratings from Allstate. However, there are many options. Allstate offers a variety of options, including identity theft restoration, personal property coverage (for high value items), and business property protection. All this is backed up by an Superior rating from AMBest.
Learn more: Allstate Insurance Review
ASI Progressive offers home policies that are underwritten by ASI. You can also get bundling discounts when you purchase a Progressive auto insurance policy. Despite having the lowest customer satisfaction ratings among all providers, ASI has an A (Excellent), rating with AM Best to ensure financial strength. ASI provides standard coverage. If you require flood insurance, ASI can offer a separate policy.
Auto-Owners provides insurance in 26 states. South Carolina is one of these. It scored high in the 2020 J.D. It was rated with AM Best as a A++ (Superior), in the Power study. You’ll also find many specialty options in addition to standard coverage and liability. Equipment coverage, identity theft protection, and water backup coverage can all be purchased.
Read more: Auto-Owners Insurance Review
Greenville Home Insurance Considerations
South Carolina does not require homeowners insurance, but lenders may. If you find yourself in a position where your home needs to be rebuilt or repaired, not having the right coverage could leave you open to financial risk. Here are some coverage options to consider:
- Flood insurance Greenville: Greenville is prone to flooding. Flood insurance can help protect your home against flood damage.
- Liability Insurance: Provides financial protection in the event of an accident or injury to another person’s property.
- Extended replacement: This extends your dwelling coverage beyond your Coverage. It provides a higher payout in the event that your home is damaged or destroyed. Extended payout amounts are expressed as a percentage such as 125% and 150% of your dwelling coverage.
Greenville Home Insurance Discounts
You should take advantage of all discounts if you want to get cheap homeowners’ insurance in Greenville. Greenville residents might pay less than other South Carolina locations, but there’s no reason to pay more for your policy.
- Bundling policies: This can lower premiums if other policies are from the same insurance company that insure your home.
- Claim-free discount: This may be available to applicants who haven’t made any claims on their policy in the past three to five years. Ask your carrier for a claims-free discount if you were a condo or previous homeowner.
- Discount on home alarms: This discount may be possible if you have additional security protection for your home.
- Loyalty Discount: This discount may be available to customers who have been with the same carrier for many years.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
South Carolinians need to consider many factors when choosing the best home insurer. To find the right insurance company, you should consider customer service ratings, pricing options, coverage options, and discounts.
What is the cost of Greenville home insurance?
Greenville’s average homeowners insurance cost is $945 per annum for $250k worth of dwelling coverage. The average annual premium for homeowners insurance in South Carolina is $1,532 per year. This gives you an idea of the prices others pay. Your personal factors such as your age, zip code and credit score, home features, and coverage options may affect your rate.
How can I get homeowners insurance in Greenville
You can either go online to get quotes based on your personal information or work with a licensed agent to find a homeowners insurance policy. You can compare several carriers to determine the best one for you, regardless of whether you prefer to work online or with someone else.