The median property price for Long Beach, California, is $600,000. About 40% of Long Beach residents own their homes. The average annual rate to insure a house with $250,000 of dwelling coverage is $1,080. This is lower than the average homeowners insurance cost, which is $1,312 annually.
Long Beach residents have the opportunity to save money on their insurance costs due to high property and living expenses. Long Beach residents can find the best affordable home insurance companies that offer coverage. To help you make informed decisions about Long Beach home insurance coverage, we compared the rates of top-rated insurance companies.
Long Beach’s best home insurance company
The table below compares the most popular Long Beach homeowners insurance providers. We found that the five listed have the lowest rates, good coverage options, financial strength, and third-party rankings. The rates are based upon the annual premium cost of $250K for dwelling coverage.
Long Beach residents can get auto and home insurance from Mercury Insurance. Mercury Insurance can bundle your home and car to save you as much as 15% on your home insurance and up to 15% on your auto. Homeowners may also be eligible for additional coverage for their home systems, service lines, and identity theft.
Mercury was not included in the J.D. It is the eighth-largest home insurance company and sixth-largest auto insurer in California, according to Power 2020 U.S. Home Insurance Study. Mercury Insurance, which has the lowest average home insurance rates on the list may be an option for Long Beach homeowners.
USAA provides auto and home insurance to military personnel, their spouses, and children. It is available in all 50 states as well as Washington, D.C. It is the sixth-largest insurer in California, with rates slightly lower than Mercury Home Insurance in Long Beach.
USAA provides homesharing coverage for those who rent out rooms or their entire house. Homeowners can also purchase earthquake insurance. USAA insurance will save you as much as 10% on your homeowners insurance. You can also get an additional 10% discount if there has been no claim for California earthquake insurance in the past five years.
It is a great way to find out if you’re getting low-cost homeowners insurance in Long Beach. Progressive makes it easy with HomeQuote Explorer. This allows you to get multiple quotes simultaneously so that you can compare coverages, discounts, and costs.
Long Beach residents who bundle their home and car with Progessive are eligible for a single deductible in the event of damage to one. Progressive offers discounts by going paperless, paying in whole and receiving a quote at least 10 days before your current policy expires.
State Farm is the top home and auto insurance company in California. However, its rates are not the most affordable. State Farm’s superior financial strength and ability to pay claims makes up for the difference. It also has higher third-party rankings. With the generous bundle discount offered by State Farm, homeowners can get up to $965 per annum when they switch to State Farm.
Travelers homeowners insurance provides the same coverages as a home policy but with a few additional options. Additional protections include special property coverage, personal articles flopper, sewer backup, identity theft, and replacement cost protection. For policyholders who want to check their accounts, create reminders and get home safety tips, the Alexa Skill is available.
Additional Long Beach home insurance coverages
Although homeowners insurance is not required, it can be a great way of protecting your most valuable asset and investment. It is crucial to choose the right coverages for your Long Beach property so that you can protect it in case of a claim. These homeowners insurance policies are recommended for Long Beach residents:
- Dwelling coverage: Your home will be repaired or rebuilt if it is damaged by an insured peril. Guaranteed replacement cost is included to ensure that your home is fully repaired or rebuilt, regardless of age or normal wear and tear.
- Earthquake coverage: Although this optional coverage may not be offered by homeowners’ insurance companies as an added-on, it might only be available as a separate policy. Long Beach residents live in California and are at high danger for earthquakes. This can easily result in a complete loss of a house. There is no earthquake insurance that covers homeowners who are affected by earthquake damage.
- Personal property coverage: This policy covers personal property up to the policy limits. If your possessions are damaged by a covered loss, you will be reimbursed for any additional costs. Actual cash value does not include depreciation. However, replacement cost will replace worn or damaged items with newer ones. When purchasing homeowners insurance, consider which option is best for you.
Long Beach home insurance discounts
Long Beach residents can save money on their home insurance by taking advantage of discount codes. These discounts have a significant impact on homeowner rates:
- Multi-policy: Bundling your home and car with the same insurance company often offers the best discount on homeowners policies.
- Protective devices: A burglar alarm or fire alarm can keep your Long Beach home safe. It may also help you save on your homeowners insurance.
- Sprinkler system: An automatic sprinkler system can reduce the fire damage to your home and help keep homeowner premiums down.
- Home insurance companies may offer a discount for a new home purchase, even if it’s not new.
You can also save on Long Beach homeowners insurance by paying upfront, buying a new home, and having automatic utility shutoffs. Other ways to save include having impact resistant features such as UL-approved roofing or hurricane shutters. You may not find the same discounts from all home insurance companies, so it is worth shopping around if you want cheap homeowners insurance.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
It all comes down to what you value most in a home insurance company . What is most important to you? Is it coverage, price, discounts, financial stability, third-party ratings, or a combination of these things? You can compare home insurance companies to find the one that offers homeowners coverage.
What is the cost of Long Beach home insurance?
The average annual cost of homeowners insurance in Long Beach, California for $250,000 dwelling coverage was $1,080. Rates will be determined by the details of your home, including how many claims you have made and what coverage you need.
What amount of home insurance do you need in Long Beach
If your home is damaged or destroyed, you should have sufficient coverage for personal and dwelling property. Talk to a licensed agent to determine how much homeowners coverage is necessary.