For a $250,000 home, homeowners in Omaha pay an average $2766 annually for homeowner’s insurance. This is actually slightly less than the state average. On average, Nebraska homeowners pay $2,816 per year for protection. The average U.S. homeowner pays $1,312 per year. Omaha homeowners need not only good insurance but also affordable insurance.
We looked at the average premium costs to determine which home insurance Omaha offered. You can also find information about power scores, available coverage options, and discounts.
Omaha’s best home insurance company
Below is a list of the most popular carriers in Omaha (Nebraska), and the lowest rates. J.D. was used to determine the top providers. We looked at J.D. to determine the best providers.
American Family has the lowest premiums on our list, with an average premium $1,626 per year. It also has the highest J.D. The industry has one of the highest Power Scores. You can purchase additional coverages, such as:
- Equipment breakdown coverage
- Water backup and sump pump coverage
- Protection from the elements with matching siding
- Monitoring and protection against credit theft
American Family offers six discounts to customers who want to lower their monthly premiums.
All over the country
Nationwide homeowners insurance policies include dwelling coverage, coverage for other structures, personal property protection, and loss of use coverage. You can add riders to your policy if you wish.
Our favorite thing about Nationwide is its mobile app. Many insurance companies offering a mobile app are geared towards auto customers. Nationwide has a fantastic section for car insurance, but its homeowners section is just as easy and useful. You can submit a claim online and see the status of your case without ever having to speak with someone.
Allstate isn’t the most affordable carrier on our list but you might be able to lower your premiums by using the discounts offered by the company. Allstate offers homeowners discounts such as:
- New roof
- Sign up early
- A new homebuyer
- New home
- Anti-theft device
- Anti-fire device
- Switch to the new system
- Complete payment
- Payment on time
- Claims are free
Every discount will reduce your premium. However, having multiple policies with Allstate will help you save the most. This will allow you to save up to 25% on your homeowners insurance.
Allstate also offers additional coverage options. The green improvement reimbursement is our favorite. Allstate will pay the full cost of replacing an energy-efficient item if it is damaged during a covered event.
State Farm is preferred by more homeowners than any other insurance company in America. State Farm has a great reputation for customer service and offers many coverage options. Because of its bundle discount, it is a great company to combine with car insurance. State Farm offers discounts for installing a home alarm system and roofing discounts for high-impact roofs.
Travelers Home Insurance includes five types of home coverage in one package. The policy covers personal liability, dwelling, personal property, loss, and other structures. Six additional coverages are available, including jewelry and valuable items as well as water backup, sump pump and identity fraud.
Five discounts are available to lower your monthly bills for Omaha residents through Travelers Premium. Loss-free discount, new homeowner discount, green home discount or protective device discount.
Omaha home insurance considerations
Although you are not legally required to have insurance for your home, your lender may require it as part of the terms of your loan. It is important to protect any type of financial investment, as homes are often the largest. When purchasing home insurance, it is important to consider additional coverage options.
- Flood insurance. Your insurance company will likely serve as a liaison between your home and the NFIP. However, private flood insurance can be purchased through private companies. Flood insurance costs vary depending on the location and home.
- Water backup and sump pump coverage: This coverage will cover your losses if your home is damaged by water that is not flood-related. Prices vary depending on the company and the coverage you select.
- Replacement cost coverage: This coverage covers the cost of replacing an item that is damaged or destroyed due to an event covered. Property coverage usually takes into consideration depreciation. However, replacement cost is not included in most property coverage. Prices and coverage will vary among companies.
Omaha home insurance discounts
Without discounts, finding affordable Omaha home insurance can be hard. These are some of the discounts that Omaha homeowners should consider.
- Bundling: If you have both home and car insurance, the same company can help you save money each year. Depending on the company you work for, discounts can sometimes reach 20%.
- Security System: Many insurance companies will offer a discount if you have a professional install your security system in your home.
- Fire alarm/ prevention system: If you can provide proof to your insurance company, sprinklers, fire alarms and fire extinguishers could help lower your premium.
- Pay-in-full: You can save up to 10% by paying your entire premium upfront.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
There are many factors that will determine which home insurance company is best for you. It is important to compare and shop for home insurance providers. You should consider the available coverages, discounts, customer satisfaction scores, and financial strength. There are many companies worthy of your attention.
What is the cost of Omaha home insurance?
For a home worth $250K, insurance in Omaha is about $2,766 annually.