While consumers might pay slightly more than the average for home insurance, Chubb policies include high-end features not offered by other companies. There are also safety-focused discounts and a number of additional features. Chubb is a top-rated homeowners insurance policy because of its low complaints and broad coverage.
Chubb home insurance coverage
There are many ways to customize your homeowners insurance. Here are the most common types of coverage.
Although Masterpiece home insurance from Chubb may be the only policy that the company offers, it provides more coverage than other homeowners insurance companies. Some standard features of Chubb, which are often added-ons to other insurers, include:
- Cost of extended replacement. Chubb will cover the difference if your home needs to be repaired or rebuilt and the cost exceeds your policy limit. Chubb will also cover any necessary upgrades during reconstruction to bring your home up-to-date with current codes.
- Contents can be replaced with a replacement value. If your belongings are lost or damaged, Chubb will cover the cost of replacing them. Standard policies only cover the cash value of the item, which does not account for depreciation.
- Water backup. Chubb will pay for the cost of a failed sump pump or a back-up in the sewer, resulting in water damage to your home. This is often an optional service and usually costs extra.
The Masterpiece policy also covers:
- Consultation by a risk advisor to evaluate your home for potential problems.
- Their HomeScan system uses infrared technology, which allows you to check your home for potential leaks, insulation problems, and other electrical issues before they cause any damage.
- Chubb Wildfire Defense Services is available in some states to help protect your home from wildfire.
Home insurance rates from Chubb
Generally, Chubb Masterpiece is more per year than the national average homeowners insurance cost, on average. The Masterpiece policy provides coverage that may not be available with other policies.
Chubb home insurance discounts
Chubb’s homeowners insurance discounts are based on safety. Chubb also offers discounts for burglar and fire alarms. It also offers lower premiums if you have a sprinkler system, or are otherwise fire-resistant.
You can also save money if you have a new home or a recently renovated one. Also, living in a gated community can give you a price break. There are also other discounts available.
Experience with Chubb home insurance
Website:Chubb’s website is not easy to navigate. Many will not be able get a quote online. The site provides ample information on policy features and links you to an extensive library of educational content.
AppendicesYou can download the Chubb app on both Android and iOS. The app allows users to view and manage insurance ID cards, pay premiums, and submit claims.
Guide to buying homeowner’s insurance
Before you begin comparing quotes, determine how much coverage you require for your home. Do you need additional insurance to cover things like identity theft and sewer backups? Make sure you check to see if the company you are considering offers the options that you require.
Take a look at your personal property to ensure that you have enough coverage. What would it cost to replace them? All furniture, electronics, and household items should be included. This is the minimum amount you need for personal property insurance.
Compare rates from different insurers to ensure they offer the same deductibles and limits. While it might be tempting to pick the cheapest policy, you should also consider how many complaints each insurer has. If you have to file a claim, poor customer service can make a big difference in your experience.
You can get home insurance quotes online, over the phone or through an agent.
FAQ for Chubb home insurance
What are the other types of insurance that Chubb offers?
Other types of Chubb insurance include auto, valuables, cyber and natural disasters. Chubb also offers “bespoke services,” which can be customized to cover those who have specialized hobbies, such as farming or collecting.
Chubb homeowners insurance is too expensive
Although Chubb is more expensive than other insurers, it offers many standard features that are not available to others. Rates and premiums may vary depending on many factors such as credit score or age of your home.
What is Chubb Masterpiece coverage and how does it work?
Masterpiece is Chubb’s homeowners policy. This is the only type that covers your home.
Is Chubb able to offer coverage in countries other than the United States?
Chubb insurance is available in 54 countries and territories, including the United States, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.