Erie, which was founded in 1925 and has been in business of insurance for nearly a century, has expanded its coverage to include policies in Pennsylvania. Erie’s coverage extends beyond New York to include more populous states, including Tennessee. Erie is ranked among the top 15 companies in market share for both auto and home. It also offers additional insurance for business and life.
Erie continues to grow its reputation , climbing five places in the most recent Fortune 500 list. Erie was awarded a 2020 CONFIRMIT ACE Award in the Voice of Customer category. This demonstrates how well they handle claims.
Erie car insurance
Erie car insurance offers standard collision and comprehensive coverage. However, there are many options for pricing and additional coverage. Erie is competitive on the market because of its coverage and length.
- Bundled coverages allow policyholders to expand coverage to multiple vehicles for pennies per day.
- Rental car coverage covers a rental car if it is damaged or becomes disabled by fire, theft, or other covered losses.
- Towing and assistance with lockouts, dead batteries, flat tires, towing, and other issues This service is available 24 hours a day and has no deductible.
- A new car protection replaces an automobile less than 24 months of age, which is a total accident loss, with a vehicle of the most recent model year.
- Better Car Protection Replaces a totaled car with a two-year-older vehicle.
- Ridesharing provides coverage for private vehicles used by rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft.
- Pet coverage covers up to $500 per pet, with a maximum of $1,000 for vet care in the event that a pet is injured in an accident.
- Personal item insurance covers up to $350 in case of thefts or damage to clothing, luggage, or other personal items stored inside an insured vehicle with full coverage.
- Comprehensive coverage includes windshield repair and new wiper blades for replacements. To waive the deductibles on windshield replacement and repairs, you can add additional coverage.
- Locksmith services coverage includes up to $75 for insured cars with comprehensive coverage in the event that car keys need to be stolen from within the car.
Car insurance in Erie at a cost of $
Erie car insurance premiums average $409 per year for minimum coverage, and $1,233 per year for full coverage. These rates are significantly lower than the national car insurance average of $565 per annum and $1,674 annually for full coverage.
- Erie rate lock maintains premiums constant from year to year, unless you make policy changes like adding or removing vehicles, changing drivers or moving.
- First accident forgiveness Prevents additional surcharges from being added to premiums after a policyholder is involved in an at-fault incident. You may also have a three year waiting period, depending on where you live.
- Increasing deductible Reduces deductibles up to $500 for every year of a claims-free policy.
- An annual payment offers a discount when you pay your premium upfront in one lump sum.
- Policyholders who have multiple vehicles or policies may be eligible for discounts ranging from 16-25%. This varies by state.
- Safety equipment Vehicles with features like airbags, antitheft devices, and anti-lock brakes are eligible.
- Discount for Youthful Driver eligible reductions for unmarried drivers younger than 21 who live with their parents
- Students with no access to a car can get a discount on their insurance.
- Safe driving offers a discount for safe drivers with good driving records.
- Vehicle storage could be eligible for a discount if your vehicle is stored for at least 90 consecutive days.
Erie home insurance
Erie is the 11th biggest insurer for homeowners insurance policies. Erie offers a guarantee replacement cost as well as additional options to better match your coverage to your needs. Erie’s homeowners insurance policy provides standard coverages such as dwelling, personal property and additional living expenses. You can also add on extra options to customize your homeowners insurance.
- Additional coverage for valuables For items such as computers, firearms and jewelry, and other valuables.
- Water/sewer Backup Coverage This optional coverage protects your home and belongings in the event that water backs up into drains, sewers, sump pumps or other pipes.
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost provides coverage for your home’s replacement costs, even if it is completely rebuilt.
Home insurance at the cost of Erie
On average, homeowners insurance policies for Erie cost $897 per annum for $250K worth of coverage. This is significantly lower than the average home insurance policy, which is $13,312 per annum. Your location, replacement value, and other factors will all impact how much your premium.
- Home security systems such as smoke alarms, burglary alarms, and automatic sprinkler system credits are available.
- Get a quote before the renewal deadline by using our advanced quote
- Customers who bundle qualified life insurance with their Erie homeowners and car policies can get multi-policy discounts
Erie life insurance
Erie offers four types of insurance policies, as well as an Erie-specific policy. The website also offers a calculator that customers can use to determine their coverage needs. This calculates your assets, debts, and family.
Different types of policies
- Term Life: You can choose from a 10- to 15-year, 20-year, or 30-year term. To help you obtain the financial protection that you need, the policy can be broken down into two types: a no-exam policy or a level policy.
- Whole-life: To ensure that your family is covered no matter what time it is, whole life insurance can help you earn cash value over the course of your life. With a free rider for terminal illness and accelerated death benefits, policies range from $10,000 to $10 million.
- Universal Life: Erie’s universal policies allow you to adjust your death benefit, without having to purchase a new contract or take loans from your policy account. This could be considered tax-free income. Every policy comes with guaranteed death benefits, cash value accrual and interest rates.
- ERIExpressLife: This policy is a good choice for those aged 18 to 55 who are looking for immediate term or whole-life insurance. It can be in effect as soon as you submit your application. This policy does not require a medical exam and covers amounts from $10,000 to $500,000.
Ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction, and complaints about Erie
Erie Insurance’s user rating at Consumers Advocate was 3.6 out 5 or “very Good.”
Erie is ranked seventh in 2020 J.D. Power Auto Claims Study, which includes 24 ranking positions. Its customer satisfaction score is 880 of 1,000 points. Erie also scores 880 in the 2020 J.D. Power U.S. Insurance Shopping Study.
Erie has a complaint Index of 1.10, which is slightly lower than the average. Erie’s financial rating of A.M. Best is A+, which indicates that Erie is in a superior financial position.
Erie’s mobile app can be used on Android and iPhone. It allows customers to view their policies, track claims and pay bills. The Google Play Android app has 3.8 stars, 3.3 Stars on the App Store.
Bankrate rates Erie at 4.4 out 5 based on a combination third-party rankings from J.D. and the NAIC. Power, financial strength, and average quoted rates. This score can help you make an informed decision about whether to purchase insurance or consider Erie.
Erie offers additional policies
Customers can opt-in for these policies in addition to Erie’s home, life, and car insurance.
- Earthquake (as endorsement to a home insurance policy)
- Protection of rental income
- Motorbike, RV, boat ATV, snowmobile, and golf cart
- Classic/collectible/custom-built car
- Mobile home
- Personal treasures
- Long-term care rider (as endorsement to a policy of life)
- Personal catastrophe liability
- Business auto
Erie: Top Reasons to Consider
Erie offers a broad range of auto insurance coverages and discounts, but has limited homeowners insurance discount options. Erie is a relatively small company in the United States, but it could be a good fit if policyholders are looking for comprehensive auto coverage in the Northeast. Erie offers a personal experience for policyholders who want a customized experience.
Erie Insurance is a trusted name in the insurance industry with a history of financial stability and assets. They offer high quality auto, house, or renters policies at affordable prices.
Questions frequently asked
How can I file a claim with Erie
For assistance in filing a claim, contact your local Erie agent. Online services are not available for all but a few.
How can I locate a repair shop within Erie’s Direct Repair Program network
Go to Erie’s repair shop locater and search for your ZIP code.
What states is Erie Insurance available?
Erie Insurance currently includes 12 states, including Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, Pennsylvania.
Is Erie Insurance competitive?
Erie’s auto and home insurance rates are lower than the average national insurance cost based on the rates. Erie’s rates are determined by household and individual factors. Customers may find Erie’s homeowners and car insurance rates more affordable than other insurance companies.