How to get Proof of Insurance From Geico?

How to get proof of insurance and Insurance ID cards

Insurance is something you can have. In certain cases, you may be asked to prove that you have it. For red carpet events, we can even provide proof of insurance in designer black lettering and white background.

How can I get proof of insurance?

All documents except the SR-22 or FR-44 can be obtained online by visiting the policy documents section of our online service center. If you would rather speak to a customer service representative, please call (800) 861-8380.

Additionally, digital ID cards are now accepted by more states as proof of coverage. Learn more about digital ID cards.

If you are a GEICO policyholder and you know that you need an SR-22 or an FR-44 please call (877) 206-0215. If you are not sure if you need an SR-22 or FR-44 or just want to learn more, read on for everything you need to know about an SR-22/FR-44.

If you haven’t registered for online services yet, you can sign up now.

What is insurance proof?

Here’s a list of all the documents that can be used to prove insurance.

Insurance ID Card/Insurance Card: Although the details on insurance ID cards vary from one state to the next, they generally contain the policy number, effective dates, vehicles, and policyholders. This card can be used to register your vehicle, or kept in your car for proof of insurance.

A form that shows the vehicle, policy expiration dates and limits, as well as proof of coverage. This form can be used to inform your leasing company or lienholder about your insurance coverage.

Maryland FR-19 – A form Maryland requires to verify your insurance coverage. This form can be used when you receive a Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration letter or a citation requiring you to submit an FR-19.

Canadian Insurance Card – Your US auto insurance card is accepted as proof of insurance while traveling in Canada as a tourist; Canadian insurance ID cards are not necessary. Learn more about visiting Canada by car.

SR-22 (or FR-44) – This is a state-mandated certificate that certifies you have adequate auto insurance coverage. It is usually required for driving violations that are not related to driving. The courts or your state Motor Vehicle Department can notify you if you require an SR-22/FR-44. Depending on the state you live in, the Certificate of Financial Responsibility form can be called either an SR-22 (or an FR-44) depending on its content.