You should feel secure and protected in your Cedar Rapids home. This is one of the largest purchases you will make in your life. Therefore, you should protect your home by purchasing homeowners insurance. Iowa homeowners insurance covers your home and possessions in case of disaster or damage. You don’t have to spend a lot to enjoy the peace of mind provided by a homeowner policy.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa’s average homeowners insurance rate is $1,117 per annum for dwelling coverage of $250,000. We have compared the coverages, consumer satisfaction ratings and discounts, as well as 2020 Quadrant Information Services pricing data to determine which are the most affordable homeowners insurance providers in Cedar Rapids.
Cedar Rapids’s best home insurance company
It can be difficult to decide which company to go with when there are so many homeowners insurance companies offering the same coverage. The following table lists our recommendations for the most affordable home insurance in Cedar Rapids. It includes factors such as consumer ratings, average price for a $250,000 residence, and discounts offered.
The Cedar Rapids homeowner policy has the lowest average premium at $810 per year. According to the 2021 J.D., the second highest customer satisfaction nationally. The Auto-Owners is the best affordable homeowners insurance in Cedar Rapids. According to the 2021 J.D., this company has the highest customer satisfaction rating. Auto-Owners may offer a discount or lower premium to owners with a clean payment history and no loss history. In addition to standard homeowners coverage, insureds have the option of adding optional coverages such as equipment breakdown or identity theft expense coverage. There are many independent agents available in Cedar Rapids, making it an excellent option for homeowners who want to talk with professionals about their options.
Allstate is a well-known name in insurance. Their annual average premium in Cedar Rapids is $844. Allstate’s Claim Rateguard feature prevents premiums from rising just because there is a loss. This may prove to be a great selling point for homeowners who are concerned about rate rises. You may be eligible for a discount on your homeowners insurance if you don’t have a claim. In addition, you will receive a 5% return each year you keep your policy unclaimed. Allstate also offers unique policy options like yard and garden insurance and musical instrument coverage.
All over the country
The 2021 J.D. The 2021 J.D. Nationwide homeowners policies offer an average premium of $966 per year, which is lower than the Cedar Rapids average. Nationwide Brand New Belongings is a feature that homeowners may find interesting if they are concerned about the loss of their possessions. The feature allows you to replace or repair your possessions at no cost, regardless of age. Nationwide also conducts annual On Your Side reviews that assess whether you are receiving the right discounts or have the right coverage. This feature is perfect for homeowners who want to keep their coverage current.
The average homeowner premium for USAA is $982 per year. Although it is slightly higher than that of other companies, the premium remains lower than the city average, making USAA a more attractive choice. A USAA homeowner policy may allow you to receive multi-policy discounts and home security discounts. You can also be eligible for claims-free discounts. The military uniforms coverage option may be of interest to former military personnel. USAA offers a 24-hour hotline that allows you to get answers, request a quote, and file a claim.
The Travelers Insurance homeowners policy is the most expensive on our list. However, the average annual premium, $1,086, still falls below the Cedar Rapids average. Owners who insure their vehicles through Travelers may be able to save as much as 15% on their homeowners insurance. The home buyer discount may be attractive to new home buyers, particularly if the property has been designated as a green home or includes protective devices that could provide additional savings. You can get a quote online, by phone, or in person with a Cedar Rapids agent. There is also a 24-hour claims center for any emergency.
Cedar Rapids Home Insurance Considerations
Iowa does not require homeowners insurance. If something does happen, however, you could lose everything that you have invested in your house. A policy is required by most banks if there is a mortgage on your property. This is because a loss can happen at any moment. Cedar rapids is prone to flooding from storms and tornadoes, which can lead to high economic losses . These optional coverages may be added to your standard policy.
- Flood insurance in Iowa: A standard homeowners policy does not cover flood insurance. You might want to get flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program because floods do occur in Cedar Rapids.
- Sewer and drain backup: Also called “water backup” and “sump pump coverage, sewer- and drain-back-up coverage protects your sump pump in the event it fails. This type of loss, while it is a very unfortunate and messy event, is not usually covered by a homeowners policy. This coverage is often affordable and well worth the extra cost.
- Extended replacement cost: You can upgrade your policy to add an extended replacement cost. This is a percentage added to the dwelling’s value to help you restore it to its original condition. This is useful after catastrophic losses, when everyone is trying repair their home at the same time making the cost of materials and supplies higher than usual.
Cedar Rapids home insurance discounts
When you request a quote on a homeowners insurance policy, make sure to check the discounts offered by each company. If the discount is significant, discounts can help you save on your annual premium.
- Multi-policy discount: Many insurance companies offer multi-policy discounts to encourage you to have all your insurance coverages in one location. It may be worthwhile to get a quote on homeowners insurance through the same company if you have car insurance. The discount applies to all policies.
- Discount on protective devices: You may qualify for a protective device discount if you have modern protective systems in your home that can help reduce losses like smoke detectors or deadbolt locks.
- Full Pay Discount: This discount is more about how you pay for your coverage than the contents of your home. However, paying in full for a year for insurance can help you save money on monthly and quarterly installments. Sometimes, insurance companies may offer a percentage discount when you pay in full.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
You should get quotes from multiple companies when shopping for homeowners insurance. Also, consider factors such as customer satisfaction, premium cost, and discounts in order to decide which company is best for you. Based on high customer satisfaction ratings and lower-than-average annual premiums, Auto-Owners and Allstate, Nationwide and USAA are our top picks for best homeowners’ insurance in Cedar Rapids.
What is the cost of Cedar Rapids home insurance?
Based on a $250,000 home, the average insurance premium for Cedar Rapids is $1117 per annum. Your individual rate can be affected by discounts, claims history and coverage amounts.
What amount of home insurance do Cedar Rapids residents need?
While most agents recommend that homeowners obtain insurance to cover the cost of your home’s replacement, each homeowner will require a different level of coverage due to the size and value of their personal property. When getting a quote, it is best to discuss your needs with an agent who has experience in this area. You should also inquire about flood insurance, as you might be affected by storms in Cedar Rapids.