Did you know that Kansas ranked 45 in the list of states with the highest average auto insurance premiums in 2005? This is good news to those looking for Wichita car insurance because only 5 states have lower average auto premiums.
To find the best Wichita, KS auto policy, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. You can find the best auto insurance in Wichita by doing the following: 1) Do your research 2) Compare quotes from different insurance companies. 3) Continue the process every six months to ensure you have the best value.
Tips to Find Cheap Car Insurance Rates
These tips will help you find the best Wichita auto insurance rates, regardless of whether you are a young driver or a pickup truck owner.
1. Discounts – Benefit from discounts such as the senior discount, good students discount, multiple lines discount (having auto and homeowners insurance with one company), military discount and many other. Different companies offer different discounts.
2. Compare Rates and Discounts – Shop around – Different companies offer different rates and discounts. Rates can also change frequently, so it is important to compare rates. It’s worth taking 15 minutes each month to compare rates between different companies.
3. Car insurance rates can vary between vehicles. You shouldn’t stay with the same insurance company if you buy a new car. Instead, shop around. Different companies offer different pricing for different types and models of vehicles. Spend a few minutes to determine which company will provide the best Wichita auto coverage if you purchase a new vehicle.
Minimum Auto Insurance Coverage Required in Wichita . Kansas
The Kansas Insurance Commissioner has established the minimum requirements for car insurance coverage.
- $25,000 per person for bodily injuries
- Property damage: $10,000 per incident
Personal Injury Protection (PIP, No Fault)
- Minimum amount required by law
- $4,500/person to cover medical expenses
- $900/month per year for disability/loss in income
- $25 per day for in-home services
- $2,000 funeral, burial, or cremation expenses
- Rehabilitation costs: $4,500
- Survivor Benefits: Up to $900/month in disability/loss of income for one year
- For one year, in-home services starting at $25/day
These are Kansas’s minimum requirements and all vehicles must have this coverage.
Is the minimum coverage sufficient? There is more coverage available than what is required by almost all companies that offer car insurance in Wichita. It often makes sense to spend a little more to get additional coverage.
Talk to a Wichita professional car insurance agent about your situation.
How Rates are Determined
Each insurance company sets rates differently, so there is no single insurance company that is right for you. The main factor that determines rates is the location.
Traffic statistics, vehicle thefts, and accident numbers are all factors that affect location. Rural areas often have lower insurance rates that urban areas.
According to the City of Wichita Police Department, these are the top five intersections that saw the most car accidents in Wichita during 2009.
- Kellogg/Rock 20 Accidents
- Kellogg/Mid Continent 16 accidents
- Central/Rock with 14 accidents
- Kellogg/ Seneca with fourteen accidents
- 13th/ Rock with 13 Accidents
Here are the top five most frequently stolen vehicles in Wichita (Kansas), according to the Wichita Police Department. Insure vehicles that are more susceptible to theft will cost you more.