21st Century Insurance is a small insurance company that serves California and Hawaii. It is well-known for its quick claim turnaround and excellent customer service. While most business is conducted online or by phone, policyholders can access 24/7 claims coverage through the Farmers Claim Services. 21st Century also offers homeowners, flood, and life insurance. car insurance however, is their bread-and-butter.
Options and discounts for 21st century auto insurance
21st Century auto coverage offers two types of coverage: standard liability, which covers you against injuries or damages if you are at fault, and extra coverage, which protects you from the costs of collisions and non-collisions.
21st Century Auto Insurance covers the following with standard coverage:
- Liability for bodily injury –Pays to cover medical bills, lost wages, income, and, in certain cases, funeral costs.
- Property Damage Liability – This covers the costs of repairs to other people’s vehicles or property.
21st Century Insurance offers additional coverage
- Collision insurance – Covers damage to your vehicle that results from a collision with another vehicle. This coverage covers the cost of vehicle repairs, regardless of whether you were at fault for the accident.
- Comprehensive coverage – Protects against loss from non-collision collisions such as theft, vandalism or falling objects, storms, earthquakes, and animal-related collisions.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage This protects you and your passengers (if applicable) in the event that you are injured in an accident caused by someone uninsured. You will be held legally responsible for your injuries. This coverage covers medical and related expenses up to the coverage limits that you choose.
Drivers who choose 21st Century will save an average of $300 per year and be eligible for one or several discounts. Many of these discounts are included in the quote request. 21st offers two types of discounts to its customers:
21st Century insurance offers two types discounts. These discounts help you save money if your driving record is clean, you are a good student and you have taken a defensive driving course. Vehicle discounts can be obtained for adding more cars to your policy or for installing anti-theft devices in your car.
Good driver discounts include:
- Drivers who have not been in an accident or received tickets within the last three years could be eligible for aGood driver discount. Drivers must have been licensed for at least three years consecutively and not have received more than one moving violation in that time. Minimum 20% off.
- Superior driver discount – This discount is only available to drivers who are eligible for the good driver discount, and have a clean driving record for at most four years. Average discount 10%-20%.
- Discount for good students –Eligible drivers need to be under 25 years old and have a minimum grade of “B” or higher. Average discount 15%.
- Mature driver discount- Drivers over 55 must take a state-recognized defensive driving class to qualify for this discount. Average discount 2%.
These vehicle discounts are:
- Multicar Discount –Policyholders who have multiple cars or drivers under the same policy may be eligible for this discount. However, rates can vary.
- Anti-theft Discount –Drivers who have vehicles with the most up-to-date anti theft systems are eligible. Average discount 15%.
21st Century reviews, ratings, customer satisfaction, and complaints
21st Century Insurance is a Farmers Insurance subsidiary. It has been given average to high ratings by various reliable sources. These ratings are based on customer interaction, claims experience, financial stability and customer interaction. Below is a table listing the ratings.
The U.S. Based on the U.S. Auto Claims Satisfaction Study (2018), Farmers received 3 of 5 circles. This is above average and is calculated using information about Farmers insurance claims experience. These factors include satisfaction with the estimate process, repair process and rental experience as well as claims servicing and settlement. This rating will give you an indication of the company’s approach to your claim.
The BBB Customer Satisfaction Rating is the BBB’s assessment of the company’s interactions with customers. This rating takes into account the following elements: type of business and time in business; business complaint history with BBB; transparency about business practices; failure to honour BBB commitments; licensing and government actions; advertising issues.
Based on the company’s balance sheet, operating performance, and risk management practices, the AM Best rating indicates the company’s financial strength.
21st Century offers free roadside assistance and an easy-to use mobile app. Customers also have the benefit of 21st Century’s efficient claims process. Unhappy policyholders often file complaints based upon billing, collections or other issues related to their auto policy.
21st Century could be a great choice for you
21st Century Insurance is worth considering if you are a Californian or Hawaii resident and want a straightforward, low-cost auto policy. You can get a variety of discounts and the AM Best rating indicates that you will receive prompt and professional service.
Insurance rates for 21st Century depend on many factors such as age, credit score and driving record, vehicle, and location. To see how competitive your 21st Century quote is in your area, compare it to the average state cost.
Additional policies available from 21st Century
21st Century Insurance also offers insurance products through a group affiliated companies.
- Mobile/Manufactured home insurance
- Insurance for homeowners with special needs
- Flood insurance
- Insurance for auto mechanical breakdown
- Insurance for ATVs and Motorcycles
- Antique auto insurance
- Insurance for boaters
- Personal watercraft insurance
Questions frequently asked
How can I file a 21st Century Insurance Claim?
Policyholders can file a claim online with their login information, or call 1-888-244-6163.
What is 21st Roadside Assistance ™?
The program offers 24-hour towing and lock-out services for every car insured with 21st Century at no additional charge.
What are my payment options for 21st Century Insurance
You can pay by ACH, credit or debit card, or money order