What is the AAA? The American Automobile Association was formed in 1902 when less than 25,000 cars were on American roads. AAA has been a tireless advocate for pedestrian safety and driver education throughout its history.
AAA memberships are more than just for towing and tire changing. AAA members also have access to auto, home, and life insurance. Read our AAA insurance review to learn more about AAA and why it’s worth calling for a quote.
AAA Car Insurance
Types of coverage
- Bodily injury liability: This is usually required before you are allowed to drive legally. If you are responsible for an accident, it pays funeral expenses, lost income, and medical expenses of others.
- Property damage liability: Coverage to cover the cost of repairing or replacing another driver’s vehicle or other property if you are responsible for an accident.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist: This insurance is required to cover your medical costs if you are injured in an accident that was caused by a driver without insurance. Many states require that drivers have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.
- Coverage for medical payment: This covers the cost of hospitalization and other medical expenses of you and your passengers in case of an accident.
- Collision coverage – This covers the repair or replacement cost of your vehicle regardless of who was at fault in an accident. Your lender will likely require collision insurance if you finance your vehicle.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers repairs or replacements to your vehicle in the event that it is stolen or damaged by another person.
- Personal injury protection: This covers the cost of funeral expenses, medical expenses, and lost income for you and your family after an accident. PIP insurance covers you regardless of the accident. AAA does not offer PIP coverage in all states.
- Rental coverage: This covers the cost of a rental car while yours are being repaired after an accident.
- New car coverage: This insurance covers the cost of replacing a damaged car after an accident.
AAA car insurance: What is the cost?
There are many options when it comes to insuring your car. The most basic is minimum coverage. This meets the government’s requirements for how much coverage you must have. Full coverage adds more coverage as well as collision and comprehensive coverage. The average cost for AAA car insurance according to Bankrate is:
- AAA members may be eligible for a discount if they are AAA auto club members. AAA membership may be able to give policyholders special rates rather than a discount.
- Discount for advanced shopping: Members who purchase policies more than seven days prior to coverage beginning may be eligible. This applies to vehicles that have been covered by another policy for at most six consecutive months.
- Bundle Discount: If you select AAA for your homeowners’ insurance, you may be eligible to receive a Companion home-reduced rate on your car insurance.
- Distant student discount: This discount is available to students aged 15-25 who leave their car at home and go to boarding school, college or university.
- Student discount for full-time students: Students who have a 3.0 GPA or higher may be eligible for a discount.
- Loyalty discount: Customers who renew their policies regularly receive a discount.
- AAA Multi-car Discount: If you have more than one vehicle insured with AAA, you might be eligible for a discount.
- Paid-infull: One payment of your entire car insurance premium could get you a discount.
- Teen Smart Discount: Young drivers who have completed a qualifying driving course prior to their 19th birthday could be eligible for a discount.
AAA Home Insurance
If you don’t know much about the company, check out our AAA home insurance review . There are some discounts and coverages that you should be aware of. AAA home insurance policies can pay for the cost of replacing or repairing your home after it is damaged by fire or storm. AAA also offers additional protection for your home and contents.
Types of coverage
- Other structures: This coverage provides protection for detached structures, such as fences, sheds, garages and swimming pools.
- Personal property insurance: This covers your personal property, such as furniture and appliances. To cover high-value items, you can also increase the liability of your personal protection policy.
- If your home becomes unsafe or uninhabitable due to a covered loss, you can claim the loss-of-use benefit.
- Personal liability: This will help you pay for the property or medical damage of another person if there is a natural disaster.
- Medical payments: These can be used to pay for the medical expenses of others if you are responsible for their injuries.
AAA Home Insurance: What is the cost?
For a $250,000 house, the average home insurance cost is $1.440 Your rate will vary depending on where you live and what discounts you qualify for.
- Prepayment for the entire homeowner’s premium: You may be eligible to receive a discount if you make one payment.
- Bundling Discount: AAA Auto Club members may be eligible for a 5% discount off a homeowners insurance policy, and customers who have multiple policies can save as much as 25% by bundling them.
- Claim free: You may be eligible for a further reduction in your premium if you don’t file a claim within a few years.
- New homeowners: Homeowners who borrow a loan to purchase a home may be eligible for a discount on their homeowners insurance.
- Roof replacement: You may be eligible for a discount on homeowners insurance if you have a new roof.
- Senior citizens may be eligible for a Mature Policyholder Discount on their homeowner’s premium
AAA Life Insurance
AAA introduced life Insurance in 1969. The good news is that you don’t need to be an AAA member to purchase a policy. Members do get a discount on their life insurance. It may be worth signing up and paying the small fee. AAA offers the same policy options as a life insurer, but with a more traditional approach.
Different types of policies
- Standard term life
- No medical exam required for express term
- Standard whole-life
- Guaranteed whole-life coverage
- Universal life insurance
AAA is a great choice
AAA car insurance shines best when combined with AAA auto club membership and bundling other insurance products such as homeowners or life insurance to maximize savings. Club membership offers three levels of benefits . These include fuel delivery, battery installation and locksmith service. There are also member-only discounts. Identity-theft monitoring is available.
Even if you don’t bundle more than one policy, buying an AAA home insurance policy is a smart choice. AAA offers traditional and no-medical-exam coverage. You can get discounts on homeowners insurance that are highly rated.
AAA offers additional policies
AAA Insurance provides more than just car and home coverage. Other types of policies are:
- Condo and renters insurance
- Earthquake insurance and flood insurance
- Insurance for motorcycles
- Mexico insurance coverage for those who travel in their own cars
Questions frequently asked
What information do I need in order to receive a quote from AAA
An agent will need information about you, including your driving record, age, location, type of car and how many miles you drive each year in order to provide an AAA insurance quote.
Which is the best auto insurer?
It is difficult to decide which auto insurance company is best. It all comes down to what you’re looking for: price, policies, customer satisfaction, and additional coverages. Compare multiple quotes from top-rated providers in our top auto insurance companies roundup search to find the best.
What is the cost of AAA membership?
AAA offers three levels of membership: Classic Plus, Premier and Plus. AAA membership costs between $38-$164, depending on which membership level you select and where you live.
How can I file a claim at AAA?
Do AAA auto club members receive a discount on AAA auto insurance?
AAA Club members get a 5% discount on their auto insurance and loyalty discounts when they renew their policies.