Nearly 67% Missouri residents call themselves homeowners. While homeowners insurance isn’t required by law, it is an essential part of your financial plan. Kansas City’s average homeowner pays $1713 annually for home insurance.
Like auto insurance homeowners insurance requirements and prices can vary. Bankrate’s editorial team reviewed the insurance companies to find the best in Kansas City. They looked at average premiums and financial stability as well as available coverages.
Kansas City’s best home insurance company
We first obtained the most current quote information from Quadrant Information Services to determine which Kansas City home insurance company is the most affordable. To compare each company, we first looked at their home coverage costs, third-party rankings, coverage, and discounts to determine the best affordable home insurance companies.
USAA provides home and auto insurance in all 50 US states, Washington, D.C., and only military personnel and their families are eligible. USAA is the 6th largest home insurance provider in Missouri. It also has the lowest average rates for Kansas City homeowners insurance of all the providers we have reviewed. USAA offers the ability to customize your home insurance coverage to meet your specific needs by adding options such as identity theft protection, earthquake coverage, and home sharing. USAA is not eligible for the J.D. ranking. Due to its eligibility restrictions, Power 2020 U.S. Home Insurance Study earned the most points.
Allstate offers a variety of additional coverages that can be customized to your policy. Allstate home insurance policies can include coverage for electronic data recovery and high-value personal items such as musical instruments or garden and lawn equipment. Allstate is ranked sixth in the J.D. According to the Power study, Allstate is the seventh-largest home insurance company in Missouri. If you prefer to handle your insurance needs in person, the company has nine agents in Kansas City.
Travelers, like many other carriers in Kansas City offers auto and homeowner insurance. You can also bundle policies to save. Homeowners can add coverages with Travelers to protect their homes and themselves. These include coverage for personal property, replacement cost coverage, high-value items, floaters, and green home coverage. An Alexa Skill is available to help travelers with tips, reminders, and other information without the need to log in to your account or contact your agent.
You may think of AAA as roadside assistance. However, AAA also offers home, auto and life insurance products. AAA members may be eligible for an additional discount on their auto and home insurance. Bundling policies can save you even more. Kansas City homeowners insurance premiums can be kept low by being claim-free. Seniors may also qualify for AAA homeowners insurance discounts.
State Farm Missouri’s largest home insurance company has a remarkable 25% market share. State Farm’s premium ranks highest on our list. It is also the most expensive premium than Kansas City’s average premium. However, the insurer offers many discounts. Kansas City residents may be eligible for State Farm’s Impact-resistant Roof Discount and Home Alert Discount. State Farm provides personal service and you will work with an agent to create the best homeowners package for you.
Kansas City home insurance options
Although homeowners insurance is not required by law, it may be required by lenders if there are mortgages or loans. Many homeowners are looking to protect their most valuable asset, their home with homeowners insurance. These coverage options may be of interest to Kansas City residents.
- Dwelling coverage is one of the most important coverages in homeowners insurance. If your home is damaged or destroyed by a covered loss, dwelling coverage will provide financial protection.
- Personal property coverage: This section covers your personal items, such as clothing and furniture. This coverage is included in most homeowners insurance policies.
- Additional living expenses: You might be able to move somewhere else if you are unable to live in your home during repairs. Additional living expenses can also cover other expenses, such as laundry fees.
- Hail and tornado coverage in Missouri: Missouri is the most at-risk area for tornadoes . Strong storms can cause significant damage to your house and possessions, with hail and high winds. It may be worthwhile to check with your agent if your policy covers such storms.
- Personal liability coverage: This coverage comes standard with most homeowners insurance policies. It provides financial protection in the event that you are held responsible for injuries to others or property damage.
Most companies offer endorsements to enhance your homeowners insurance coverage. Kansas City residents might want to look into water backup, earthquake coverage, and identity theft coverage.
Kansas City home insurance discounts
Kansas City companies offer different discounts for homeowners insurance. It is worth getting multiple quotes in order to find the most affordable home insurance. For additional savings, discounts can often be combined.
- Multi-policy: Also known as bundling, you may be eligible for savings on both your auto and home insurance policies.
- Claims-free: This discount is available for those who have not filed a claim on their home insurance.
- Monitored alarms can help emergency services respond faster to situations such as burglaries and fires. This could result in smaller claims. Insurance companies will often give discounts if your alarm is centrally monitored.
- Home improvements can reduce your homeowners insurance premiums by updating your electrical wiring, plumbing systems, or installing a roof. Check with your insurance company if you are eligible for a discount if you make home improvements.
While it is not a discount on home insurance, you might be able to reduce your deductible. The deductible is the amount you will have to pay out of pocket in case you need it. Your premium will be lower if you are prepared to pay more. If you have to file a claim, you will want to select a level you can afford.
Questions frequently asked
Which is the best company for home insurance?
The best Kansas City homeowners insurance company is the one that offers the right coverage options. It is a great way to compare coverage options and get multiple quotes. Consider the company’s digital tools, financial strength, discounts and customer satisfaction scores.
What is the cost of Kansas City home insurance?
Kansas City residents spend an average of $1713 per year for home insurance, based on $250,000 worth of dwelling coverage. The average home insurance cost in the United States for the same coverage is $1,312. Cost of insurance depends on the age of your home, the amount of coverage you need, the claims history of the homeowner, and any home improvements.
What amount of Kansas City home insurance do you need?
You will need to have sufficient dwelling coverage to cover your mortgage if your home is damaged. Consider how much it will cost to rebuild your home if it is damaged. Also consider your personal property limit as well as your liability limit. It is often a good idea to consult an agent in order to determine how much coverage you require.